Dahua nvr backup a clip for YouTube. So frustratinf

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have delt with this for 3 years now finally fed up enough to ask. If I want to copy a 1 minute clip to memory stick to transfer to YouTube. Let’s say channel 1. From 15:34:15 to 15:35:15 the nvr seldom generates just a single file. Now, if I want the whole clip i need to stitch it together in video editing software. Why!!!!! What if I wanted a 10 minute clip? It would be 15 separate files. This is frustrating.

Also, Dav files won’t bring audio to YouTube but mp4 will.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have delt with this for 3 years now finally fed up enough to ask. If I want to copy a 1 minute clip to memory stick to transfer to YouTube. Let’s say channel 1. From 15:34:15 to 15:35:15 the nvr seldom generates just a single file. Now, if I want the whole clip i need to stitch it together in video editing software. Why!!!!! What if I wanted a 10 minute clip? It would be 15 separate files. This is frustrating.

Also, Dav files won’t bring audio to YouTube but mp4 will.
I use my iPhone which gives me small manageable MP4 files.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ya. Not idea what you are saying but if your method is a solution to my problem please don’t be so vague. Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the Dahua NVR web GUI have a 'clip' facility on web GUI Playback, like the Hikvision NVRs?
For very short requirements it's useful as it allows playback, click the clip icon, wait till past the point of interest, then click the clip icon again.
It just writes the segment between the points the clip icon was clicked.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ya. Not idea what you are saying but if your method is a solution to my problem please don’t be so vague. Thanks.
If you have the mobile phone version of iDMSS, start playing your video selection that includes what you want saved then click the video camera icon (lower left) to start and stop what you want saved. It should save the mp4 file to wherever you normally save photos and videos. As also mentioned you can use smartpss or an IE browser but I find this simpler and quicker. Hope that helps and works for you.
IMG_0011.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: