Dahua NVR inteface combining two NVR data streams into one interface

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be able to add a virtual cam to a channel of the Dahua NVR. The reason is that I want to see the cams of my appartment together with the images of my loghouse together in the same interface, instead of login into two NVR's.

I know I can click on a channel window and choose add camera, for which I have to enter the IP-address and login+password of the camera, I want to activate into this particular window. So can I choose an URL-address instead, directing to my other NVR in my loghouse, to capture that external image into the same NVR interface and making the data stream be integrated into the same interface.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The Hikvision NVR does provide RTSP streams for all camera channels - which you can then use on other NVRs if they are added as a generic RTSP device.
The way I discovered that (as I have not seen that feature documented) was to view the NVR using the Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Maybe your Dahua NVR does the same.
The streams showed under the 'Receivers' page:

Attachments

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting, will look into this myself in the future.

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Alistair,

The problem is that my external camera's are connected via an internal 10.x.x.x ip-adress to my Dahua NVR, which is accessible via a dynamic DNS-address.

The problem is that my system refuse accept letters in the URL-link, only numbers and .
The very essence of a dynamic DNS-address is the constant changing of the real address, but the name address stays the same.

My idea is as follows: rtsp://Mycamera.attachedtomy.externalNVR:554:/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=00&authbasic=[encrypted_login+password}

Should I have to enter the login/password for my NVR over the dynamic DNS-address only, as the camera is attached to the NVR and is already from the NVR (NVR logs into the camera) ???

It doesn't seem to work as I get an "invalid URL" error from the Dahua NVR interface.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could you get another dynamic address and have it only be numbers? Link them together.
Not sure if that'll help you at all, but just a thought.

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi badmop,

That won't help. I can choose in Web service of the Dahua NVR for manual add:

channel: xxxx
manfucaturer: general
URL Addr: .....

The problem is the URL Addr: whether or not I choose the prefix http:// or not, I get an "invalid URL" error, when I click the save button.

When I choose in Manual Add for Manufacturer: ONVIF, I can't type in letters, only numbers + .

My external Dahua NVR will be connected to the internet 100 miles away in my loghouse and I want the video images to be streamed into the same Dahua NVR in my apartment into the free channels via a virtual connection (RTSP-based protocol), but it doesn't seem to work.

So what I basically want easily explained:

Dahua NVR@home has 2 camera's attached, but it has 8 channels.

Dahua NVR@loghouse has 4 camera's attached to the 4 available channels (all channels occupied).

Bot NVR's are 100 miles apart and connected to the internet and accessible via a Dynamic DNS-address. So I can login in via internet via the DMSS app and the web interface via a browser.

What I want is to inject the video streams of the Dahua NVr@loghouse to each of the free available channels of the Dahua NVR@home. The trick seems to use the RTSP-protocol, but it does not seem to work in my desired situation.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So can I choose an URL-address instead
I didn't pick up on that aspect of your question - I was mainly thinking of how you might get the remote NVR to provide feeds to your other NVR.
To get round the Dahua NVR requirement for IP addresses as opposed to FQDNs (fully qualified domain names) I suspect you would need to make use of a VPN connection. Which would need extra equipment (unless the remote router has that as a feature) and certainly adds complexity. And the fine details of which are a bit beyond my ability to advise on. Sorry.

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't pick up on that aspect of your question - I was mainly thinking of how you might get the remote NVR to provide feeds to your other NVR.
To get round the Dahua NVR requirement for IP addresses as opposed to FQDNs (fully qualified domain names) I suspect you would need to make use of a VPN connection. Which would need extra equipment (unless the remote router has that as a feature) and certainly adds complexity. And the fine details of which are a bit beyond my ability to advise on. Sorry.
Well the system doesn't accept addresses like: rtsp://MyloghouseNVR.100milesaway.com:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=00&authbasic=[encrypted_login+password}

Maybe it doesn't work at all, but my logic says this would be the way to connect to a virtual camera to the interface of my apartment NVR.

Tell the NVR to connect via the RTSP-protocol over the internet via my dynamic DNS-address via a specific port, open the NVR and redirect to a specific camera attached to one of the POE-ports and stream the video back and project it in one of the free channels of my apartment NVR. Simple thought maybe....but it doesn't seem to work.

Now: for the login data, I presume I should use the login data to directly login to the web interface of my loghouse NVR, provided it should work as I have described the procedure aforementioned.