Dahua NVR keeps going offline for a few seconds

Rivill

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Dahua DHI-NVR4104HS-P-4KS2/L NVR running 3x 6mp turret cameras at my house. Everything runs fine during the day however at night I will get notifications on my DMSS app that my NVR is offline. It only goes offline for about 1-2 seconds (on average) before coming online again. Any idea why this may be happening? (I’ve included screenshots of the notifications from my DMSS app from the past 3 days as an example - it has been going on for a lot longer than 3 days)
Any assistance is appreciated.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the cameras going into B/W and infrared? If so, it is perhaps a power issue. Is this a POE NVR or do you have a POE switch feeding the NVR?

Try taking all but one camera off and see if it stabilizes. If it does then you know for sure it is a failing power supply.

Or you are hacked, but weird it would only be at night.

Rivill

n3wb
Reaction score
Are the cameras going into B/W and infrared? If so, it is perhaps a power issue. Is this a POE NVR or do you have a POE switch feeding the NVR?

Try taking all but one camera off and see if it stabilizes. If it does then you know for sure it is a failing power supply.

Or you are hacked, but weird it would only be at night.
I believe they are going into both B/W and infrared as I have the IR mode set to automatic. It is a POE NVR.
Thanks, I’ll try unplugging 2 of the cameras and see if that helps.
I feel like being hacked is unlikely but could be possible

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am leaning toward the power supply going out.

You could also force the cameras into color at night and see if they go offline. If they don't then you know it is the additional power draw of the IR.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you noticing dropouts when you review/playback video? Assuming you’re recording full time, you might see black lines in your green timeline…?

Did you check the NVR log itself? Is it showing disconnects or something else?

Rivill

n3wb
Reaction score
I am leaning toward the power supply going out.

You could also force the cameras into color at night and see if they go offline. If they don't then you know it is the additional power draw of the IR.
I’ll force them into colour mode first and see if that helps. If it doesn’t I’ll try disconnecting 2 of them

Rivill

n3wb
Reaction score
It's going offline for a second That points to a network issue ... Where is disconnecting from the network for one second...
Yeah, it probably is a network issue. Any advice on how to stop it disconnecting from the network for one second at a time? (It doesn’t disconnect it all night only a handful of times a night)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you doing a lot of streaming and overloading your network?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it probably is a network issue. Any advice on how to stop it disconnecting from the network for one second at a time? (It doesn’t disconnect it all night only a handful of times a night)
How is your NVR connected to the network? How are the cameras connected to the NVR? Are they plugged in directly to the NVR are you using a switch?

Rivill

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you noticing dropouts when you review/playback video? Assuming you’re recording full time, you might see black lines in your green timeline…?

Did you check the NVR log itself? Is it showing disconnects or something else?
They’re aren’t any dropouts when review/playback video and I rarely playback video. I’m recording full time. I’ll have to confirm when I’m home tomorrow if there are black lines in my green timeline and check the NVR log

Rivill

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you doing a lot of streaming and overloading your network?
I don’t believe I’m doing a lot of streaming. The cameras are recording full time. I may be overloading the network but, the times it going offline is normally around 12/1/2 am when no one else in the house is using the internet

Rivill

n3wb
Reaction score
How is your NVR connected to the network? How are the cameras connected to the NVR? Are they plugged in directly to the NVR are you using a switch?
My NVR is connected to my network via an CAT6 Ethernet cable that runs directly from the NVR to my router. The cameras are also connected directly to the NVR via CAT6 ethernet cables

Reaction score
My NVR is connected to my network via an CAT6 Ethernet cable that runs directly from the NVR to my router. The cameras are also connected directly to the NVR via CAT6 ethernet cables
Did you find a solution to this issue in the end? Have had a simillar problem with the same setup.