Dahua NVR limitations when displaying 6MP cameras

Reaction score
I currently have 8 various Dahua cameras, the majority of which are 6MP. As long as i have them all set to 2MP, i have no problem viewing them all on one screen. If i raise the recording resolution to 3 or 4MP, the display for one or more of the cameras goes blank. My guess is that my NVR just doesn't have the processing power to decode all those cameras at a higher resolution than 1080p. The NVR is an EYEsurv ESDV-NVRX-32, which i know is a rebranded Dahua NVR (just not sure which model).
I have been thinking about either putting together a new desktop computer and running Blue Iris, or upgrading to a newer, more powerful NVR. I would prefer to stay with an NVR, if possible. If i upgrade to a NVR5232-4KS2, will it be able to display 8 cameras at full 6MP and at least 15fps?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently have 8 various Dahua cameras, the majority of which are 6MP. As long as i have them all set to 2MP, i have no problem viewing them all on one screen. If i raise the recording resolution to 3 or 4MP, the display for one or more of the cameras goes blank. My guess is that my NVR just doesn't have the processing power to decode all those cameras at a higher resolution than 1080p. The NVR is an EYEsurv ESDV-NVRX-32, which i know is a rebranded Dahua NVR (just not sure which model).
I have been thinking about either putting together a new desktop computer and running Blue Iris, or upgrading to a newer, more powerful NVR. I would prefer to stay with an NVR, if possible. If i upgrade to a NVR5232-4KS2, will it be able to display 8 cameras at full 6MP and at least 15fps?
have you contracted nellys and asked? The limitation of the NVR is based on bitrate. It should be able to stream more than 2mp.
You dont need to put together a pc. See the blue iris hardware wiki...blue iris is light years ahead of these NVR's.

Reaction score
I have a spare Dell Optiplex with an i7-4790. Im going to try Blue Iris on it and see how it does. Thanks, fenderman!