Dahua NVR Playback (SmartPSS)

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just set up IVS on the NVR/Cams. In the phone app I can see a list of events and look at them that way. Is there a way to do that with SmartPSS (instead of the timeline)?
Also, when I use the timeline playback method I don't see any of the IVS events at all - just the green line (all video). I'm sure there's a setting somewhere I'm missing.

Thanks all.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
First part yes. On the playback screen of SmartPSS there is an arrow off to the right that opens a sliding window that allows you to choose individual event clips by time and type

If you’re not seeing other colored hash marks on your green timeline, you aren’t recording IVS events. They may be active, but you need to 1) go to the camera and tick the box to Record on each IVS rule , and 2) go to your recording schedule on the NVR and set to record both full time AND IVS. (May be called Intelligent)

Please read the first page of this thread

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First part yes. On the playback screen of SmartPSS there is an arrow off to the right that opens a sliding window that allows you to choose individual event clips by time and type

If you’re not seeing other colored hash marks on your green timeline, you aren’t recording IVS events. They may be active, but you need to 1) go to the camera and tick the box to Record on each IVS rule , and 2) go to your recording schedule on the NVR and set to record both full time AND IVS. (May be called Intelligent)

Please read the first page of this thread
Aha! I see the arrow off to the right. I completely missed it!
There's nothing to see because, as you mentioned, I must not be recording IVS events. I can see them on the phone app but not on SmartPSS.
I don't think I can connect to the cameras themselves because I'm still remote but I can fix the schedule. Does this look right?

schedule.jpg

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
If you see IVS events on the phone but not smartPss, I'd think it must be the smartPss settings, since they both pull from the database in the NVR. Is "record type" set to "all records" on the playback screen? That's the default, so it's probably ok.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep

Although if he just set the recording schedule, something doesn’t add up? How could he see them on the phone?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you mean this?
Yes. Even though I'm a daily smartPss user, I don't know any other obvious thing to look at. For shooting in the dark you could try a different smartPss version. I'm assuming you're running a 64-bit smartPss, and the NVR has V4 firmware. Are there any gaps in the timeline, or is it solid green? If you record the exact time of an IVS event from the phone app, then zoom that spot on the smartPss timeline, is it solid green? Do the IVS rules show on smartPss playback, and do they blink at the time of an IVS trigger? This is all random brainstorming to see if anything useful jumps out.