DAHUA NVR - Shutdown from UPS

Eirik

n3wb
Reaction score
I am planning to install a Dahua NVR on a remote place (game-farm) with an unstable main power. UPS will be dimensioned for 12 hours supply for about 750W (1 large PTZ, 14 cameras, linked to an alarm system, GSM and secured internet access control).

How can I configure a DAHUA NVR to shut-down when UPS battery is low?

I am an IT professional and used to configure such functionality for Linux/Windows enterprise servers with a local monitoring client listening on a secure and firewalled port for a login followed by a shutdown command, or a client listing to UPS sending "remaining time left" messages (also on a secure SSL/SSH port), and then the device itself will decide when it is time to shut down.

is there any supported and proper ways to do this (I try to stay away from hacks and really want to use a method supported by all the major UPS brands like APS/Eaton etc.)

I read the DAHUA manual stating "Always use the stable current, if necessary UPS is a best alternative measure", - that funny Chinese made me smile. :)

For sure it must be a way to shut down the NVR properly in order to avoid a severe data loss?

Or perhaps DAHAU is not the "right" brand for more "demanding" and professional use?

Any information and help is highly appreciated,¨

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The NVR Will Survive the shutdown you don't need to gracefully shut it down...
Otherwise use a PC and a VMS ... You'll have to configure a way to turn it back on again after the shutdown....

Eirik

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your comment!

I think I will consider another solution. VMS perhaps Exacq installed on an Ubuntu server. Yes, the farm manager will need to be there after 12 hours to restart the server or to use a "wake on lan" feature.