Dahua NVR won’t connect Amcrest IP4M-1051w

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Dahua NVR5208-8p-4k2se natively connected my older IP2m Amcrest with the “private” protocol but the NVR doesn’t see new IP4M I just bought. Any ideas how to connect it?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Dahua NVR5208-8p-4k2se natively connected my older IP2m Amcrest with the “private” protocol but the NVR doesn’t see new IP4M I just bought. Any ideas how to connect it?
What do you mean by "private protocol"?
Since it's an ONVIF compatible camera with RTSP, I would think it would set up with the NVR and stream just like the IP2M.

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua has a special “private” protocol for connecting its own cameras to the NVR which presumably passes more detailed information from the camera since they are made by the same company. If I can’t get the NVR to connect the the camera natively then I’ll try RSTP or ONVIF.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Also know that the NVR may not know the password to your Amcrest. If it finds it but you get a red indicator and a grayed out IE button on the Reg page, click the pencil icon and provide the camera password there.

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea, yes I get the red indicator and greyed out IE button. I have already supplied the correct userid and password, checked it many times and logged in directly with the cameras web interface. I have also tried onVIF, but that never worked with any of my other ONVIF capable cameras. I also tried customized with :
rtsp:/admin:mypassword@192.168.1.34:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=0&subtype=1 also tried channel=1
always a red indicator

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmmm basically that means the NVR doesn’t know how to communicate with the camera. It sees it but either creds or protocol getting in the way...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like that Amcrest camera should be a Dahua OEM... so you should be able to get it to work with the NVR

I'd double check the user / password and port info is sync'ed right.

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I finally found the magic to get it to connect! I connected the camera with an ethernet cable and it finally connected with the "private" protocol. Seems crazy. It is still working now that I've disconnected the cable and its connected to WiFi. Thanks for all your ideas.

Reaction score
Photogeek54, glad yours is working. I did exactly as you stated, but when I disconnect the network cable, it goes red in my camera settings on my Dahua NVR. Wifi is ok, as long as I only use the Amcrest View Pro app. Still playing with it. Nice camera though.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Photogeek54, glad yours is working. I did exactly as you stated, but when I disconnect the network cable, it goes red in my camera settings on my Dahua NVR. Wifi is ok, as long as I only use the Amcrest View Pro app. Still playing with it. Nice camera though.
If like the IP2M-841, it has 2 LAN ports, one wireless and one wired, they have different IP's.
Log into cam's webGUI with wired, find the WLAN, search for the Wi-Fi's SSID, tell the cam to connect to it with Wi-Fi password and save that, go back to WLAN portion and make the IP static, save that.

If it 's not like the 841 with 2 LAN ports (wired and wireless), then......never mind! Sorry I could not help.

Reaction score
My Amcrest IP4M-1051W has been working great. But, I cannot get it to record to my Dahua NVR (5216). It is wireless. I can manage it thru the NVR, I just do not receive any recordings. Is this even possible?

Thanks.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.