DAHUA NVR4108-4KS2 Goes Offline / Locked Up All the time

zaius

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm getting really frustrated with my recently purchased NVR108-4KS2 from Empire Technology. After setting it up and going to work, it's online. But when I get back home, it's offline / locked up. Weirdly, I can still ping at it from my terminal with a good return, and I can view old camera images (not the current timestamp) on the monitor. If I try to access the menu with the mouse, it won't work. SmartPSS would say the NVR is offline.

The NVR is suppose to record two Dahua turrent cameras (one is 2mp, another is 6mp). They are connected to a separate PoE switch. The NVR has a brand new 2TB purple HDD. I've also uploaded the latest (June 2018) firmware into the NVR.

The IP addressing should be correct because I can access the cameras perfectly via openVPN and when I'm local. Both cameras and NVR have static IPs (192.168.22.200+) outside the range of the DHCP (192.168.22.100+). The gateway is set to my router's local IP (192.168.22.1) . DNS is Google's DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)

I've been hacking at this for a couple weeks now and I am getting really frustrated. I don't know what's wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience? Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you ever set the NVR back to factory defaults, and started fresh?
Do you have it connected to a good backup UPS?

zaius

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you ever set the NVR back to factory defaults, and started fresh?
Do you have it connected to a good backup UPS?
Hey Looney,

Yup, I've reset the NVR back to factory after the firnware update. I don't have a UPS but I rarely have issues with the house supply.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With a different NVR, I found if the camera bit rate was set to high the NVR would throw hard drive errors and reboot. Just a though.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you sure the POE switch is staying up, sometimes the power wart is not any good.

Provide a screen shot of the NVR camera configuration, address...

zaius

n3wb
Reaction score
With a different NVR, I found if the camera bit rate was set to high the NVR would throw hard drive errors and reboot. Just a though.
What bit rate are you using? Maybe this might be the case... I'm trying to record at 1080p at 25 fps

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Completly different system, however, I have 1080p cameras bit rate around 4000 and 12-15 fps.