Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 with some Hikvision Cameras

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a friend who purchased the above NVR and for now has a Dahua PTZ and Dahua Turret that were plug and play and work great. However he still has about 6 or so Hikvision domes that he would like to make use of until he can afford to switch over to all Dahua.

My question is it possible to use the Hikvision Cameras plugged directly into the Dahua NVR POE ports? He does not have an external POE Switch and was hoping to avoid having to get one. I can see from the Dahua Wiki it is easy to use the Hikvision cams but from what I can ready it seems like you would have to use a seperate POE switch for the Hikvision cams else they would not be on the same Subnet as the NVR itself would be?

3rdParty/How To Add A Hikvision Camera to A Dahua NVR - Dahua Wiki

The above article doesn't mention anything about having to plug the Hikvision cameras into a seperate POE switch yet they are referencing using an NVR4216-8P which has 8 POE port built-in.

Any work arounds that you guys know of to get this done?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any work arounds that you guys know of to get this done?
On the face of it (I have never used a Dahua NVR) all that's required is to set the IP address of the Hikvision camera to be in the same address range as the Dahua internal PoE network is using, and specify that in the NVR configuration, as per the WiKi.
If the Dahua PoE ports work like the Hikvision PoE ports, connecting the PC to an unused PoE port will allow SADP to find the Hikvision camera, and to change the IP address of the camera to a suitable value, which is then specified in the NVR configuration.

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On the face of it (I have never used a Dahua NVR) all that's required is to set the IP address of the Hikvision camera to be in the same address range as the Dahua internal PoE network is using, and specify that in the NVR configuration, as per the WiKi.
If the Dahua PoE ports work like the Hikvision PoE ports, connecting the PC to an unused PoE port will allow SADP to find the Hikvision camera, and to change the IP address of the camera to a suitable value, which is then specified in the NVR configuration.
Thanks. I was kind of thinking the same thing, but am hoping that someone has actually tried this and got it working to save me potentially wasting my time if it is for sure not going to work.

I did find another article that mentions it from a 3rd party and they specifically state "**Please note that you will not be able to utilize the "built-in" PoE switch you find on some models of Dahua's NVRs if you are using Hikvision IP cameras."

Source...
Connecting a Hikvision or Onvif IP Camera to a Dahua NVR

So not really sure what to think at this point.

If you have tried this please chime in! :)

Thanks.