Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E user/installation guide for latest firmware.

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have initialized my NVR5216-16P-4KS2E, updated to the latest firmware, watched a couple step by step videos, but am finding the interface is different. Has the firmware significantly changed the user interface? If yes, is there an updated user guide? I'll keep reading and searching but save me the time if I'm unlikely to find answers due to recent changes.

Thanks

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have initialized my NVR5216-16P-4KS2E, updated to the latest firmware, watched a couple step by step videos, but am finding the interface is different. Has the firmware significantly changed the user interface? If yes, is there an updated user guide? I'll keep reading and searching but save me the time if I'm unlikely to find answers due to recent changes.

Thanks

It’s still under construction and not very good but, for me, I was just able to figure it out and I’m sure you can too. Motion Detection is under the Alarm section on the new firmware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

It’s still under construction and not very good but, for me, I was just able to figure it out and I’m sure you can too. Motion Detection is under the Alarm section on the new firmware.

Thanks, That should help. I notice the Interface has changed in v4.001. "Search" has replaced "Playback". I'm trying to figure out how to speed up playback as one example. At least I don't have to re-learn but I am new to this and a step by step guide would sure be helpful.

What is the best browser to use? I am currently using Chrome that requires me to use Web Service.

Thanks again.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, That should help. I notice the Interface has changed in v4.001. "Search" has replaced "Playback". I'm trying to figure out how to speed up playback as one example. At least I don't have to re-learn but I am new to this and a step by step guide would sure be helpful.

What is the best browser to use? I am currently using Chrome that requires me to use Web Service.

Thanks again.
For Windows IE for Mac I use Safari but it’s missing functions and I haven’t tried all the browsers.

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For Windows IE for Mac I use Safari but it’s missing functions and I haven’t tried all the browsers.

Much better, I can see more controls now. Interesting and I forget now but was that a required Chrome Plug-In for IE that works better than Chrome? Thanks.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Much better, I can see more controls now. Interesting and I forget now but was that a required Chrome Plug-In for IE that works better than Chrome? Thanks.
IIRC no plugs are required anymore.

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IIRC no plugs are required anymore.

I needed to RUN something for IE. I didn't in Safari but Safari is missing controls like Chrome Web Service as you mentioned. Thanks.

Last edited:

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I needed to RUN something for IE. I didn't in Safari but Safari is missing controls like Chrome Web Service as you mentioned. Thanks.
Try this. In your browser connect to your NVR, then go to Management then Camera. From there you can see the IE icons which let you connect to your cameras

IMG_0292.png

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
msnow, I am just at the beginning of the learning curve. I'll try it in IE but even after allowing pop ups in Safari, I time out. I am enjoying a cigar and a glass of wine outside, I'll try later in IE. I have Live view, what is the purpose of that? Thanks.

Last edited:

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
msnow, I am just at the beginning of the learning curve. I'll try it in IE but even after allowing pop ups in Safari, I time out. I am enjoying a cigar and a glass of wine outside, I'll try later in IE. I have Live view, what is the purpose of that? Sorry if I am getting off topic. Thanks.
It’s to get access to your cameras settings and other things.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It just takes me to my NVR IP. Thanks.
I’m talking about the little blue IE icons (links) next to your listed connected cameras. Like in the screenshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m talking about the little blue IE icons (links) next to your listed connected cameras. Like in the screenshot.

Yes, clicking the IE icon takes me to my NVR IP, not the camera. Are you running v4.001?

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, clicking the IE icon takes me to my NVR IP, not the camera. Are you running v4.001?
It says v4.000.0000001.5 (12/06/2019) on the NVR. Yes, for cameras connected on the internal 10.1.x ports the IP should be your NVR IP followed by a colon “:” and a port number. For example which should then give you the logon screen for the selected camera.

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It says v4.000.0000001.5 (12/06/2019) on the NVR. Yes, for cameras connected on the internal 10.1.x ports the IP should be your NVR IP followed by a colon “:” and a port number. For example which should then give you the logon screen for the selected camera.

When I click the webpage IE icon a tab opens in IE with my camera IP address (10.1.1.xx) and I get "Can't open this page".

I have v4.001, not sure what changes or if it has bugs. What would happen if the subnet address was the same in my router and my NVR? I thought I would get a conflict while initializing if that was a problem.

I only have one camera connected so far, an IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP Starlight+ WDR IR Bullet AI Network Camera 2.7mm ~12mm Motorized (FW 2.800.0000000.11.R,2019-12-30) and hope to add another tomorrow. I'll eventually have a total of 10 cameras of various models I plan on installing. The camera is great, I just wish I could test things like IR but can't find where, force color at night (do I just change the night profile, I can find that in setting/camera/image?). I'm assuming the specific camera page gives me more options?

Thanks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The screen you see when you click on the blue IE icons is very likely your cameras. The login looks the same as the NVR

Read this

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The screen you see when you click on the blue IE icons is very likely your cameras. The login looks the same as the NVR

Read this
^^^ this

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
bigredfish, In another thread we discussed setting a static IP address outside the DHCP managed pool. 192.168.1.108 is inside my DHCP pool and in use. I set a range and configured a static IP address outside the DHCP pool 192.168.1.x. I can log in fine, click on the IE icon, I just can't open the page once I do.

I can verify in my ASUS router I am logged in as a static IP address. Looking at Maintain, Network, my IP address shows 192.168.1.108 even though I set it up with a different IP address. The IP I changed it to is correct under Network, TCP/IP.

Do I need to enable register?

Thanks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure I follow....? And I’m no networking guru ;)

When you connect to the NVR from outside it’s subnet, yes, assuming the appropriate port forwarding, you can connect to the NVR. But in that case the NVR won’t pass through and allow you to connect to the 10.1.1.x IP of the camera, and youll get a blank page that never loads.

I found instead use a vpn (remote access) to allow me access to the net the NVR is on. When it sees I’m coming from the same net (as the vpn simulates) as the one the NVR is on, the page will open using the IE icon and allow me to see the camera on the 10.1.1.x subnet

As mentioned, I personally set the NVR itself on a static IP address on the same dhcp net that the router is broadcasting and use vpn into that router when remote.

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed a second camera and can access the IP Camera browser page with no issue. I still can't access the 1'st camera I installed. Should I delete it and initialize it again?

Edit: Deleting and adding the first camera again worked. Problem solved. Strange.

Last edited: