Dahua NVR5816-16P-4KS2 update

D.J.

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone is willing/able to help me out. I have a customer with 2 of the above NVRs that I recently updated via USB. As soon as the first one was booting up I began on the second one. During the load on the second one, the power went out! The weird thing is that the second one works great with all the newest features included.

The first unit never did boot up. It got to the logo screen and keeps rebooting.
I had the supplier connect remotely to my laptop to get that one back up and running. He got it to boot properly and I thought all was good. When I began connecting cameras, it recognized all of them, but there was no image visible, even though it showed it was connected.

I decided to try the update again, and of course it bricked again. I should have payed more attention to how he fixed it.

I would love for someone to walk me through the process to get this working again, but if possible I would like to copy the firmware from the working machine and use that as it seems to be the only one that works (must ha e missed one file during update). Is this even possible? I am stuck and my customer is getting anxious without all the cameras working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ouch.. Remember those UPSes!!!

I am also curious about the boot and repairing this issue.

D.J.

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you might be missing what I need help with. I am already able to connect to each machine through serial, but I'm lost when it comes to copying the stuff from the working unit and putting it into the malfunctioning one.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Search here, it has been discussed numerous times.
Every NVR should be plugged into a Backup UPS at all times.