Dahua PFA137 vs 130E junction boxes

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I currently have a single 5231R-Z camera and a 130E junction box but have not installed them yet. I have test assembled them and found that the rubber grommet through which the camera's cable passes makes adjusting the eyeball's aim difficult, at least on the workbench. Even though the PFA137 is open-faced, the metal hood that contains the camera should provide pretty good protection as the gap would be facing down or to the side. Would applying some dielectric grease to the RJ-45 connection and using the boot be enough to protect the connection? Anything else I may be overlooking??

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Mr_D

You may also want to wrap up the connection with silicone stretch tape and silicone caulk the back side of the junction box before placing it on your wall.

Properly setup I think connection in a PFA137 can survive the weather, just need to be certain the connection section is in the top 1/2 of the junction box so any drops would not linger on the connection bundle.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Mr_D

You may also want to wrap up the connection with silicone stretch tape and silicone caulk the back side of the junction box before placing it on your wall.

Properly setup I think connection in a PFA137 can survive the weather, just need to be certain the connection section is in the top 1/2 of the junction box so any drops would not linger on the connection bundle.
I've heard mixed results on the silicone tape. Some say that it just serves to keep any moisture that does penetrate from evaporating. Good point on keeping the connection in the upper half of the box.