Dahua Pigtail ( Lan & Power Cable ) replacement

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the right replacement cable for my Dahua Camera its the Lan and power cable combined.

Also does anyone have a pdf or a clip how to change this as it looks like a sealed unit going into the camera with what looks like potting compound and a rubber gromet,Pics below.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Already searched Pigtail replacement and Lan & power replacement without avail

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure those large connectors would fit into my Dahua bullet style camera. I'm looking for like replacement really as in the cable with the both ends connected or at least the Lan port end as I could terminate the 12 pin end myself.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure those large connectors would fit into my Dahua bullet style camera. I'm looking for like replacement really as in the cable with the both ends connected or at least the Lan port end as I could terminate the 12 pin end myself.
The connector doesnt fit into the camera, it goes on the end of the pigtail, this is assuming you have it and the wires are long enough.
I think you will have a hard time finding these cheap. Contact @EMPIRETECANDY
I have seen them for sale by internet scammers charging 35bux, better off finding a broken donor camera.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman and I contacted Andy about 6 months ago asking him could he get me a couple and after sending pictures and explaining what I wanted he told me he would contact Dahua direct. At first he wanted me to send the camera back to China which was a no go straight away because of the logistics and cost involved and then he told me he had them on order and was going to ship to me but never heard nothing since and don't like to mither.

I'm going to have a good look on the Chinese sites over the weekend to see if I can source something. As you stated a broken donor camera would be ideal but not easy to find and would have thought the full pigtail from Dahua parts department shouldn't have caused any problems.

On the above the Pins

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Already searched Pigtail replacement and Lan & power replacement without avail
These are fairly readily available on eBay, example : Camera PCB Module Power Cable | eBay
Look carefully though, not all of them have the full complement of wires, depends on what the specific camera needs.
And usually one pair of the 12v DC power wires uses the larger JST terminals.

If you are prepared to dig out the sealant where the cable enters the camera body, the cable is quite replaceable.
Though arguably it's easier (though not so pretty) to simply cut the existing cable and solder and seal a new end on it.

On the internal connector -
Those JST (Japan Solderless Terminal) wire ends just come out of the connector easily if you insert a thin flat wire in along the wire, to gently lift the plastic retainer spring.
Then the new wires click into place when inserted.
The connectors of all types are readily available on eBay / Aliexpress.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
JST terminals - That's the name for the end connector thankyou, and thankyou for the link it is exactly what I'm looking for.