Dahua POA cctv cameras in Reolink POE nvr

Andy M

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have a question I have some of the dahua cctv cameras and a dahua nvr too.

This all works fine but I have just purchased a Reolink POE doorbell so I can bin my ring doorbell.

I am now considering swapping it all to a reolink nvr so I can put the doorbell cam functionality though it.

my question is if I add my dahua cameras to it am I likely to loose access to any significant dahua camera functionality?

Thanks

Andy

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NVR model?

I'm thinking if your current NVR is ONVIF compliatn you should be able to get the Reolink working with it. IIRC, there's a thread here somewhere regarding doing just that IIRC....I'll be looking for it.

EDIT: Here they are. #1 is a Dahua NVR, #2 is a Lorex (Dahua OEM):

Last edited:

Gius

n3wb
Reaction score
Ciao, ho una domanda, ho alcune telecamere cctv Dahua e anche un nvr Dahua.

Funziona tutto bene, ma ho appena acquistato un campanello Reolink POE in modo da poter cestinare il mio campanello ad anello.

Ora sto valutando la possibilità di scambiare il tutto con un NVR Reolink in modo da poter inserire la funzionalità della videocamera del campanello.

la mia domanda è: se aggiungo le mie fotocamere Dahua, è probabile che perderò l'accesso a qualsiasi funzionalità significativa della fotocamera Dahua?

Grazie

Andy
[/CITAZIONE]

This all works fine but I have just purchased a Reolink POE doorbell so I can bin my ring doorbell.

I am now considering swapping it all to a reolink nvr so I can put the doorbell cam functionality though it.

my question is if I add my dahua cameras to it am I likely to loose access to any significant dahua camera functionality?

Thanks

Andy
Hi, via the Onvif protocol (80 or 8080 ports) you can connect the Dahua cameras to the Reolink NVR, but, unfortunately, you cannot exploit the potential (for example AI) of the Dahua cameras connected to your Reolink NVR via the Onvif protocol.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A better solution would be to add your Reolink doorbell to your Dahua NVR.
I haven't done this myself, but I'm pretty sure it's possible, you just have to access the settings by logging into the camera in your web browser under Network > Server Settings and turn on RTSP and ONVIF:
1707765859487.png

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my question is if I add my dahua cameras to [a reolink NVR] am I likely to loose access to any significant dahua camera functionality?
You could encounter problems triggering recordings based on IVS rules (line crossing, object detection, person detection). It would trigger on basic motion but IVS is a gamble. Better to add the doorbell to the Dahua NVR.

It's also possible Reolink's person detection won't trigger the Dahua NVR. My reolink doorbell's person detection regularly triggers on snow flakes and birds.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks

Andy
Welcome @Andy M

In general I would not trust the Reolink NVR to properly handle non-Reolink cameras.

As others noted, better to send the video from the Reolink doorbell to the Dahua OEM NVR

Q: my question is if I add my dahua cameras to it am I likely to loose access to any significant dahua camera functionality?
A: Yes. expect to lose functionality. As a general rule the best results you will get is pairing cameras and the NVR from the same OEM, and also paying attention to the appropriate "tech / AI / Smart events" tier levels supported by the NVR and Cameras. ONVIF while useful, typically does not fully cover the additional functionality that the various OEMs have added into their product lines.

Andy M

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah ok. Just to reply to some of the questions thrown back.

I didn't use the doorbell with the dahua nvr because as far as I was aware it will only function as a camera thus loosing the doorbell notifications. As for the dahua cctv cameras I have them recording 24/7 I got sick of looking for footage the odd time you need if and finding if hadn't triggered or didn't record for long enough.

I do want to keep some boundery triggers of motion of the dahua cameras though so maybe the reolink will have to go back. I'll just use the doorbell camera with the sd card and app.

I am intrigued about the dahua doorbell cam? The only POE doorbell cam I found was the Ring Elite and the Reolink. Love to be corrected with a dahua alternative to consider.

Thanks for such a quick Whealth of replies.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't use the doorbell with the dahua nvr because as far as I was aware it will only function as a camera thus loosing the doorbell notifications.
You should be able to record the doorbell 24-7 on your NVR and retain all of the doorbell functions.
The caveat is in how you connect it to your NVR and the model of your NVR. If your NVR has a built in POE switch, you'd need to connect the doorbell from the LAN not one of the PoE ports on the NVR. You also still have whatever the NVRs limit on # of cameras is regardless of how they're connected.

What's the model of your NVR?

Try to connect the doorbell to the NVR and see if you can make it work.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry I did mean to post that. Its NVR2108HS-8P-1
It is ONVIF compliant, according to specs.
As suggested by @tangent you should first try to connect the doorbell from the LAN not one of the PoE ports on the NVR. Log into the DB's webGUI with it's IP address and assign it a unique static IP in the same subnet as your LAN.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Log into the DB's webGUI with it's IP address and assign it a unique static IP in the same subnet as your LAN.
Also turn on RTSP and ONVIF (as above) while in the doorbell settings. You will need to use a different PoE switch or PoE injector to power the doorbell.