DAHUA PoE camera does not power with Poe switch but powers with 12v adapter

7tech

n3wb
Reaction score
M’y DAHUA up cameras doesn’t power on when connected to PoE switch but it powers on when I connect a 12v adapter. What could be the problem with the PoE line and how to solve it?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have much lightning in your vicinity? If so, the chip inside the camera or the POE port on your POE switch may have been damaged by ESD due to a nearby strike.
Have you tried another port on the switch?
Have you tried another Ethernet cable/ inspected the camera's pigtail connection for corrosion?
I see you are able to inspect the inside of the camera...any visible damage such as black areas or damaged traces? Any burnt smell?

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:

Last edited:

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also, try a different the CAT5 cable to connect the camera to the POE switch. That's because POE uses additional wires in the cable, which might be damaged.

BTW, I suggest using a short cable for this test.

- Thomas

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What poe switch are you using? Are there other POE PD? What PSU are you using for the switch?

7tech

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have much lightning in your vicinity? If so, the chip inside the camera or the POE port on your POE switch may have been damaged by ESD due to a nearby strike.
Have you tried another port on the switch?
Have you tried another Ethernet cable/ inspected the camera's pigtail connection for corrosion?
I see you are able to inspect the inside of the camera...any visible damage such as black areas or damaged traces? Any burnt smell?

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:
Yes I’ve changed ports on the switch and change cables too. Also there’s No visible damage, no pigtail corrosion and no burnt smell as well. My other DAHUA PoE cameras are working just fine on the same Poe switch.

Attachments

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I’ve changed ports on the switch and change cables too. Also there’s No visible damage, no pigtail corrosion and no burnt smell as well. My other DAHUA PoE cameras are working just fine on the same Poe switch.
FWIW, I've a couple of POE cameras and one 12vdc wall wart camera damaged by lightning's ESD in recent years and none of theme had any visible or detectable damage.
One was in a boot-up loop, one dead as a door nail and one would not communicate....all different and all useless.

7tech

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your replies. Maybe I just have to replace this particular camera or keep using it with the 12v adapter then because it works just fine when powered with the 12v adapter. It just won’t work with the Poe switch like the other cameras I have.