Dahua PTZ in Blue Iris Not Working

check12

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi There Folks,
I just purchased the SD1A203T-GN-W and got it up and running in Blue Iris. I have tried everything I can think of to get PTZ working within BI, but it won't budge using the BI controls. It does work correctly through the Dahua web interface.

I am currently using the default settings from "Find/inspect" and the PTZ tab is using the ONVIF profile. I also tried all of the Dahua profiles to no avail.

Finally, I confirmed that the account being used actually does have PTZ privs, which it did.

Any thoughts on what to try next to troubleshoot?

Thanks very much.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi There Folks,
I just purchased the SD1A203T-GN-W and got it up and running in Blue Iris. I have tried everything I can think of to get PTZ working within BI, but it won't budge using the BI controls. It does work correctly through the Dahua web interface.

I am currently using the default settings from "Find/inspect" and the PTZ tab is using the ONVIF profile. I also tried all of the Dahua profiles to no avail.

Finally, I confirmed that the account being used actually does have PTZ privs, which it did.

Any thoughts on what to try next to troubleshoot?

Thanks very much.
What exact version of BI are you using?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll check this, and get back to you.
I don't recall having to do anything other than find/inspect. But I'll check.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There are several Dahua options to try in Blue Iris.

Amcrest/Dahua
Dahua/Q-See RTSP
Dahua New
ONVIF (OXML)

If using the ONVIF option, make sure your camera has the ONVIF login configured correctly. ONVIF and normal web interface logins are wacky and kind of separate. If you add a normal user, it doesn't get added to the ONVIF section. Of course it is different in some firmware versions.

check12

n3wb
Reaction score
There are several Dahua options to try in Blue Iris.

Amcrest/Dahua
Dahua/Q-See RTSP
Dahua New
ONVIF (OXML)

If using the ONVIF option, make sure your camera has the ONVIF login configured correctly. ONVIF and normal web interface logins are wacky and kind of separate. If you add a normal user, it doesn't get added to the ONVIF section. Of course it is different in some firmware versions.

Thanks very much. Unfortunately, I have tested all of those configs already with no luck, but I will go back and try them again.

I also did try to troubleshoot the privs already and confirmed I am using the admin account - which has full privs. I am a bit stumped right now, but will go back and try these steps again.

check12

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: It worked. I went back and re-entered the ONVIF user info again (same password in old, and new fields) and now it works. No idea why. Thanks so much.

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update: It worked. I went back and re-entered the ONVIF user info again (same password in old, and new fields) and now it works. No idea why. Thanks so much.
Unfortunately i am having the same problem with the 4k Version of this camera. (Dahua DH-SD1A404XB-GNR)

Would do you mean you re-entered the ONVIF user info again? When you insert the wrong credentials the camera will show you an error.

So i am not getting what went wrong in your situation. Could you explain that? There is only one place where you have to enter camera credentials right?

My camera is working fine except the PTZ part.