Dahua Push Notifications?

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a number of clients recently that had successful push notifications that were working on their cellphones - until recently. Including my own home.

My notifications are no longer working either. Is there an update to DMSS that requires a new setting? anyone else experiencing this?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you aiming to DMSS or iDMSS/gDMSS. The latter still works on my devices.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you aiming to DMSS or iDMSS/gDMSS. The latter still works on my devices.
DMSS as this is the system dahua is now moving forward with. I’ve had it personally myself for about 6 months and push notifications were working fine on it. Not sure what happened?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using a NVR ?
My DMSS notifications have stopped as well when using the NVR on the app. I have tried deleting reinstalling, re subscribing, just about everything without succsess.
If you push from the camera directly it seems to work. I'm sure the last update broke it..

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using a NVR ?
My DMSS notifications have stopped as well when using the NVR on the app. I have tried deleting reinstalling, re subscribing, just about everything without succsess.
If you push from the camera directly it seems to work. I'm sure the last update broke it..
Yes. NVR. I have 12 cams. I don’t want to do them one by one.

I’m thinking the last update broke it as well.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Same issue here. Multiple friends have lost Dahua DMSS notifications including myself. Looks like the app did a update 5 days ago. About when I lost notifications.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IDMSS updated on Wife's Iphone 2 weeks ago and have not got an update since 10/4/2020. My Android phone is still working. Any ideas Andy? @EMPIRETECANDY

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DMSS does not have an option for Tripwire Notifications. Black Screenshots are from IDMSS Plus. White ScreenShot is from DMSS.

How do you setup Tripwire Notifications for Front Door, Backyard on DMSS?

please use DMSS, this is the new APP which will replace the IDMSS
DMSS does not allow you to select the cameras for Tripwire noti

Attachments

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I see my NVR is outdated firmware 4.000.0000.1 going to try upgrade to V4.001.0000003.1.R.200813 and see if that works??

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Guys, from years of experience with Dahua’s apps and firmware, DONT UPDATE until

A) 6 months have passed
B) There is some urgent security reason to do so
C) A critical widely known feature or function is fixed with it*

*many times this last one is a browser or new user problem and not a real functionality issue

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, from years of experience with Dahua’s apps and firmware, DONT UPDATE until

A) 6 months have passed
B) There is some urgent security reason to do so
C) A critical widely known feature or function is fixed with it*

*many times this last one is a browser or new user problem and not a real functionality issue
I typically have a "don't upgrade at all if it's working" philosophy myself.. but these push notifications are pretty frustrating.. and I have clients that are blowing me up about it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I hear ya, and get that.

I’m still on 2 year old app that seems to work about as well as it ever did. Which is now and then... :lmao: