Dahua recommended settings and education needed

mattyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Or for the night profile, force it in B/W instead of auto.
THanks, next task when i get time is to read the other posts linked above on how to ever SET UP a night profile. (Right now its just uses day and does a decent job even at night but I know it can be better).

Is that Dahua SunriseSunset Code "auto" switch program still working with the latest firmware? Given my novice level will installing that cause me more grief?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the difference between "general" and "day/night"? (two options in the profile management tab)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
General is if you want to run just one profile.

In theory the day/night is supposed to switch between day and night profile based on available light. For some it works and others it doesn't, which is why the sunrise/sunset utility was created.

Using day/night mine would work a few days and then would stick to a profile and simply switch color or b/w

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think Smart IR setting tells the camera to run a control loop where it adjusts the brightness of the IR emitters based on how much light is in the scene.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think Smart IR setting tells the camera to run a control loop where it adjusts the brightness of the IR emitters based on how much light is in the scene.
Smart IR will adjust the IR when an object is in the field of view as a way to try to eliminate the all white face of someone as they approach the camera.

That was the problem prior to Smart IR is that faces would get washed out when close, so Smart IR will drop the IR intensity so that the face can be made out.

But obviously things in the field of view can wreak havoc on Smart IR when nothing is moving. Too much IR bounce or reflection, lights, etc.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@wittaj... For those cameras that have it, should the Exposure Comp setting be set to the same value as Gain for both Day and Night profiles? Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Exposure comp is only supposed to work if you are on default settings, which you shouldn't be, so no need to worry about it (well it shouldn't be but some firmware is allowing it to modify when off default, but just leave it at 50).

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Exposure comp is only supposed to work if you are on default settings, which you shouldn't be, so no need to worry about it (well it shouldn't be but some firmware is allowing it to modify when off default, but just leave it at 50).
All settings remaining the same, when I change Exposure Comp, the image changes accordingly.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think I'll ride with these settings for Day and Night.
1687794137531.png
1687794165782.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would just leave at default or if anything go down. On default settings, the higher the number, the brighter the image, so it is playing with gain or other settings to make that happen.