Dahua SD49225XA-HNR

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello.

I just bought it. What are the firmware that have auto tracking? I want to know if it is included (the seller has told me that it is). From ignorance, how can I further check that option?

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That PTZ had the autotracking removed by Dahua. Only Andy here still sells it with autotracking...(but search is your friend if you didn't purchase a hacked camera)....

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That PTZ had the autotracking removed by Dahua. Only Andy here still sells it with autotracking...(but search is your friend if you didn't purchase a hacked camera)....
In any case, it is as easy as changing the firmware, right?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A firmware update is easy, except for when it isn't because your camera cannot be updated...

It is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their camera.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked cameras that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1614546148413.png

Last edited:

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A firmware update is easy, except for when it isn't...

It is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their camera.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked cameras that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1614546148413.png
I will also ask the supplier, I am from Spain ... As they have assured me that it has autotracking, I hope they will support me to see if I can update it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is how you can determine if you have the autotracking version.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider. If your screen doesn't show this, then you have a version without autotrack:

1611927915169.png

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is how you can determine if you have the autotracking version.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider. If your screen doesn't show this, then you have a version without autotrack:

1611927915169.png
Thanks!! I tell you something when I receive it

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It can work as long as the total load from your other cameras do not exceed the limit.

It works fine with my neighbors.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It can work as long as the total load from your other cameras do not exceed the limit.

Not for the sum of all, but for their individual consumption ...

The consumption of 22w of Dahua is with autotraking operation (motor) included?

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

By the way, this is the same and has 4MP. I understand that I gain resolution but lose zoom and autotracking?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 4MP version will need double the light of the 2MP version as they are both on the same sensor. The cameras are identical except they replaced the resolution "screen" from 2MP to 4MP

You do not lose zoom and autotracking with the 4MP version unless you purchased it from a vendor that does not have the autotracking capability.

So based on above, your NVR can provide enough power per port to run the PTZ (25.5W from the NVR and 22 needed by the PTZ), but the total power also comes into play. You will not be able to run all PTZ cams off of the NVR as there is a TOTAL load that usually isn't just multiplying the power per port times the number of ports.

As long as your cameras combined do not exceed the total capacity of the NVR, it will run the PTZ.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 4MP version will need double the light of the 2MP version as they are both on the same sensor. The cameras are identical except they replaced the resolution "screen" from 2MP to 4MP

You do not lose zoom and autotracking with the 4MP version unless you purchased it from a vendor that does not have the autotracking capability.

So based on above, your NVR can provide enough power per port to run the PTZ (25.5W from the NVR and 22 needed by the PTZ), but the total power also comes into play. You will not be able to run all PTZ cams off of the NVR as there is a TOTAL load that usually isn't just multiplying the power per port times the number of ports.

As long as your cameras combined do not exceed the total capacity of the NVR, it will run the PTZ.
The version I say 4MP "lite"

NVRit has 5 cameras of less than 6w each ... total 30w ... That is not a problem. If the consumption that Dahua says (22w) is the maximum even with the engine running, I understand that I can connect it directly to the NVR without problems ???

As a curiosity, connected with poe injector + records without delay to nvr?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Um, this lite camera you provided a link to IS NOT the 49225 autotracking camera....49225 is the 2MP version and 49425 is the 4MP version....you have a completely different camera...from a different optical zoom and different sensor to many other differences...

I do not believe the 49412 has autotrack capability.

Yes, the wattage posted by the spec sheet is with IR on and movement.

Yes, if you used a POE+ injector, the NVR doesn't care how it is receiving the video stream...

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Um, this lite camera you provided a link to IS NOT the 49225 autotracking camera....49225 is the 2MP version and 49425 is the 4MP version....you have a completely different camera...from a different optical zoom and different sensor to many other differences...

Yes, if you used a POE+ injector, the NVR doesn't care how it is receiving the video stream...
Thank you!!! The indicated 4MP is the one that is worth the same price, I understand then that the 2MP is better.

Considering the consumption, then I will put it with the NVR directly ...

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

By the way, Dahua ip cameras by default update? that is, if it is fw it has autotracking, should I disable the updates?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us here disable the auto update.

In fact, most of us here do not even allow the cameras to connect to the internet, so they cannot auto update even if the auto update was checked.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most of us here disable the auto update.

In fact, most of us here do not even allow the cameras to connect to the internet, so they cannot auto update even if the auto update was checked.
Thanks
To avoid updates, any way better than configtool?