Dahua SD59225U-HNI and Blue Iris

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me.

I've been trying to get this camera to play nice with BI but I'm struggling a bit.

I've had the camera working with ptz controls fine for well over a year but I've never been able to get the presets to work in blue iris with it.

Has anybody got them working and if so how

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First thing to do is do a find/inspect on BI again. If you added presets after you added it into BI, then they will not show up until you refresh the find/inspect.

Then go into the PTZ/Control tab and make sure it shows as ONVIF.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First thing to do is do a find/inspect on BI again. If you added presets after you added it into BI, then they will not show up until you refresh the find/inspect.

Then go into the PTZ/Control tab and make sure it shows as ONVIF.
Thanks for the tip.

I'll try that again.

It was originally added by find/inspect and ptz tab is onvif this was 12m+ ago.

I've just set the presets up in BI again and also in the camera directly

All ptz functions work except the presets so I'm hoping thsts all that is needed.

My aim and reason for doing it is I'm trying to use other fixed cameras as triggers for the ptz (they're are setup correctly as far as I'm aware) so it just this preset but to sort

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have a wrong setting - you do not need to set the presets up in BI - they should come in automatically with the find/inspect and having the correct PTZ/Control set to ONVIF in the PTZ/Control Tab.

So anytime you make a change to the preset in the camera GUI, you need to redo the find/inspect in BI to bring the changes over.

Mine come in to BI with the names I called them in the camera GUI.

And yes the triggers of fixed cams for a PTZ in BI is a game changer!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sweet
You were right so thsts sorted that.

Seem tobe struggling with the triggers now grrr

Sometimes it triggers but ptz doesn't move other times the trigger ends up as one continuous trigger.

Dont you just love technology

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are you pulling the trigger over - a couple of different tabs you can do that in - on the motion tab or the alerts tab?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
So, if I do the find camera in BI, and after that I setup the presets, or IVS rules, I have to do another find in BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct. Any changes you make to presets will need another find/inspect so that the show up in BI. You only need to rerun for new IVS if you changed a preset.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How are you pulling the trigger over - a couple of different tabs you can do that in - on the motion tab or the alerts tab?
I've been doing it in the alerts tab if I remember correctly

I followed a guide on here
See if I can find it

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I followed this guide

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try this. So go into the camera settings in BI for the PTZ and in Groups create a group for the PTZ.

The preset it based on what is in the PTZ, so if there is a preset you want to fixed cam to go to and you don't have the PTZ preset for that, then yes create a new Preset for the area you want and then a IVS rule for it. Remember the number of that new preset.

Then go to the fixed camera and on the motion settings page, under When Triggered, check the trigger camera groups and then select the group name for the PTZ, then go down and check the Move to preset number you just created in the PTZ and then check Move camera groups and select the group and then you have a spotter cam!

1612839524569.png

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try this. So go into the camera settings in BI for the PTZ and in Groups create a group for the PTZ.

The preset it based on what is in the PTZ, so if there is a preset you want to fixed cam to go to and you don't have the PTZ preset for that, then yes create a new Preset for the area you want and then a IVS rule for it. Remember the number of that new preset.

Then go to the fixed camera and on the motion settings page, under When Triggered, check the trigger camera groups and then select the group name for the PTZ, then go down and check the Move to preset number you just created in the PTZ and then check Move camera groups and select the group and then you have a spotter cam!

1612839524569.png
That's what I did do in the end lol

Although it still not working right

Hmmm I'll investigate further.

Looking at tour screenshot that's exactly how I did it so it was the trigger tab I did it from

I also set the group for the ptz etc