Dahua - SD5A445XA-HN - PTZ From Andy

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Had the SD5A445XA-HNR for a few hours. Managed to get it up using forklift just before dusk, then the fog rolls in....just my luck.
All I have for you guys to chew over is a bit of a zoom test.

View attachment 45408
Your first night time shot looking extremely focus :D At 350 m not sure if camera was shaking or it is just the low lights it slightly looks not in focus.. but again those are some great lengths it is covering :D

While Daytime picture are looking good for me, I may very well still need to dial in setting even further to capture some face details for day time as well..

Night time can be even more challenging specially when zooming in.. Seems like focus seems to be a bit off but again it is a 4mp I am not sure at night how much we can dial in.. at low lightning conditions.

By the way amazing property and it is still great camera.. I am also gonna test some of its Auto functions like Following and other later on .. first trying to get the camera dialed in :d

nhs128

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been in the market for a PTZ a while now. This may be the choice, but I'm waiting to see some more night shots. Thanks for the posts everyone!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I understand it very well. Sometimes, I watch the sky from my bed ;)

LOL haha I do watch a power poll sometimes at a distance or fireworks on 4th of july hahahha

OH and believe it or not My friend across the street sometimes inspect his solar panels using my system to see if he needs to get up there and wash it hahaha

nhs128

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice camera, but tech101, you don't really need a 45x zoom for that area. My 25X can do that very well. I personally if I had that much money, I would have purchased two 59-ers.
When you say '59-ers', are you referring to the SD59225U-HNI?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I am having some issue with my camera at night specially towards focusing. However I want to share this that Andy From Empire tech is Fantastic, Amazing and He has gone above and beyond Not only he took some personal time and I got him access to look into the issue.

He went one step ahead.. He got Dahua Development team involved and they have found a bug and will be releasing a firmware for this camera soon :D

So camera should be lot better at night for me.. Anyhow but man Thank you Andy for doing that. I would highly recommend using Andy to buy equipment this shows if you ever have an issue how he can work directly with manufacture/ in this case even as far as there engineers Amazing !

Thank you ipcamtalk for bringing such a great people together.

BennyDE

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the New SD5A445XA-HNR 4MP 45x Starlight Mounted.. Got the temp wire going will run conduit in couple of weeks when the weather is better and other LPR and stuff however since the SD5A445XA-HNR Up and running .. Here is the day time footage from earlier today :D with zoom

The SD5A445XA-HNR is a very interesting camera but seems to have really strong chromatic abberations in bright scenarios with max zoom. :wtf:
Screenshot
I'm curious if the SD6CE445XA-HNR (same sensor, same lense?) will have the same problem.

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Long story short, I now own this camera again. Its like a boomerang. Whats the latest F/W version for this?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Long story short, I now own this camera again. Its like a boomerang. Whats the latest F/W version for this?
I ended up exchanging this one with something else last year. However Check with Andy I would say he can get you what ever is the latest firmware usually he tests the firmware or has some feedback from other customers so he can definately point you towards the most stable version :D.

Also recently I came across this website to see firmware but have never used it maybe someone else can chime on how good this site is for firmware tracking ?