Dahua Secretly Sending Video Feeds to China?

cltbwc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I read in a thread on another site Dahua cameras are sending data and video feeds to China without our knowledge. Has anyone else heard of this? Is this true?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I read in a thread on another site Dahua cameras are sending data and video feeds to China without our knowledge. Has anyone else heard of this? Is this true?
Mine have never tried to do that, but the general recommendation around here is not to the trust the manufacturer (no matter who it is) and prevent the cameras from being able to access the Internet the first place.

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know about Dahua, but I bet it does send packets of some sort of info to China. Every one of my cameras tries to send packets to China over the internet. I run a pfSense router and I block everything from the cameras going in and out and log the ip's and they are all in China. It only happens about every minute or two, several thousand times a day. LOL!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about Dahua, but I bet it does send packets of some sort of info to China. Every one of my cameras tries to send packets to China over the internet. I run a pfSense router and I block everything from the cameras going in and out and log the ip's and they are all in China. It only happens about every minute or two, several thousand times a day. LOL!
That is different than sending video..Its the p2p info if you have that enabled.

cltbwc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the feedback. I had to ask!!

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With many colleagues in the UK rail industry, it's quite a hot topic at present for Hikvision , Dahua as well as the infamous Huawei , as shown in these 2 links (of many here in the UK)

Hikvision, Dahua

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
So besides the human right violations linked to Dahua and Hikvision, is there any proof of any video being sent to a China or any remote camera control coming from China? I haven’t seen any article quote facts only fear that it could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got one that probably does. An old no-name wired/wireless PTZ cam (label only reads ESN-006409-EACAC) I picked up from Alibaba about 6-7 years ago. Don't know for sure what all it does but it sent a lot of bandwidth and constantly changed its DNS server settings to Chinese based IPs. Pretty sure the PTZ moved on its own once while setting up but don't recall for sure. I never scanned the QR code (still haven't) just chucked it into the basement before ever really putting it in use or doing any further analysis.
That’s not a dahua or hik