Dahua settings with BI

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a guideline for how I should set my Dahua cams?

I've got the S1 video set, H.264 and am aware of frame rate.

What should I do with S2 and S3? Does it matter for the performance of the cam or BI?

What should I do with the IVS stuff? Can BI leverage any of it?

I've got storage in all of them for back up. Should I just continuous record? Turn off all motion and triggering?

Any other settings I should consider or values I should use for the best cam and BI performance?

Are there any settings on the camera that can be controlled or changed from BI (like the Dahua NVR could?)

Thanks.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have no use for substreams so they are disable.

You can configure the camera to use the motion detection and other features and have the events sent to BI.(not recommended)... But the BI IVS features are much better.

BI does not send any commands to the camera that change the camera operation. Even if the item is an BI and looks like it will change on the camera it does not.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read through the BI help fil
Is there a guideline for how I should set my Dahua cams?

I've got the S1 video set, H.264 and am aware of frame rate.

What should I do with S2 and S3? Does it matter for the performance of the cam or BI?

What should I do with the IVS stuff? Can BI leverage any of it?

I've got storage in all of them for back up. Should I just continuous record? Turn off all motion and triggering?

Any other settings I should consider or values I should use for the best cam and BI performance?

Are there any settings on the camera that can be controlled or changed from BI (like the Dahua NVR could?)

Thanks.
https://dahuawiki.com/IPC/Camera_Configuration