Dahua SMD not matching detection area?

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm using a IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI on a NVR5208-8P-4KS2E. I have Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection set up. I did all the motion settings at the camera itself (and not in the NVR). Now I'm getting also Smart Motion Detection notifications for the area I've not selected. It definitely detects the vehicle right, but I expected it's not showing it as a motion cause I've that area greyed out.

Detection area:

Car driving by that shouldn't be detected:

How can I prevent this car is being detected?

Last edited:

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Video not available , but likely headlights. I’m still not a believer in the accuracy, at night, of SMD/MD
Sorry, updated the link.

The video is not taken at night so it couldn't be the headlights.

Last edited:

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I thought it was the solution but it isn't. Still getting notifications from cars driving by outside the selected area.

Still having sensitivity at 0, treshold at 100. I found out that cars are reflecting in the window from the door at the left. So I changed the detection area by not selecting the reflection. See new screenshot (window at upperleft):

Doesn't help. Still cars are being detected:

It looks like SMD is not using the selected detection area. Any ideas how to solve this?

Last edited:

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Found it out. Detection area in DMSS is not exactly matching detection area on camera webserver. The one at the camera itself is more exact.

In DMSS the street was completely out of the detection area. In the camera itself it still selected a bit of the street and this caused these unwanted detections. So did everything in the camera itself and now everythings works fine.

SO guys, never set the detection area in DMSS!

(Deleted the pictures and videos above cause of some license plates ;))

lavinas89

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Has someone found a solution to keep SMD WITH area that you want to exclude?
I do not want to use privacy mask
I activate movement detection and selected the area i do not want to detect, As soon as I activate SMD i think that he do not respect the area.
Even if I select only 10% of the image the SMD will react to all the rest of the 90% of the image.
Can someone help me please? =(
Best regards from LUXEMBOURG

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Has someone found a solution to keep SMD WITH area that you want to exclude?
I do not want to use privacy mask
I activate movement detection and selected the area i do not want to detect, As soon as I activate SMD i think that he do not respect the area.
Even if I select only 10% of the image the SMD will react to all the rest of the 90% of the image.
Can someone help me please? =(
Best regards from LUXEMBOURG
Use IVS or Tripwires instead, they work much more reliable.

flatorre

n3wb
Reaction score
Found it out. Detection area in DMSS is not exactly matching detection area on camera webserver. The one at the camera itself is more exact.

In DMSS the street was completely out of the detection area. In the camera itself it still selected a bit of the street and this caused these unwanted detections. So did everything in the camera itself and now everythings works fine.

SO guys, never set the detection area in DMSS!

(Deleted the pictures and videos above cause of some license plates ;))
I have only been setting up region on NVR / DMSS app (they both match), but do get detection outside the set region. Drives me crazy.
How do you set the region in the camera itself?
Do you connect the camera directly to a pc vai ethernet cable, login into its ip address, and then setup region?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as I’ve been able to determine, SMD ignores your MD area. It looks at the whole scene no matter what you set the area to.

Recommend turn OFF MD/SMD and use IVS rules

You should always make most settings on the camera itself not the NVR
Do you have a Dahua NVR? If so read this