Dahua Starlight 40x PTZ - SD6AE240V-HNI

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Managed to get the SD6AE240V installed just before leaving on holidays. I was happy with the performance Blue Iris app and the whole system never missed a beat. Its pretty kewl being able to remotely view everything via your phone.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Managed to get the SD6AE240V installed just before leaving on holidays. I was happy with the performance Blue Iris app and the whole system never missed a beat. Its pretty kewl being able to remotely view everything via your phone.
When will you be back from vacation? I'm excited to see some footage of this cam.

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Which one is the latest firmware version for this camera? Noticed there are two versions. I suspect my camera already has the latest version 3.02.20.RHNS , I noticed on the Dahua website they have a different version 3.02.20.R.170116. (16th January 2017?)

I've just removed all the rules that were hastily setup for autotracking and intrusion and am trying to follow some examples from the Dahua Wiki, but the UI is different.The problem is that the tutorial videos are using a different web UI version than the one I have.

3.jpg

Last edited:

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which one is the latest firmware version for this camera? Noticed there are two versions. I suspect my camera already has the latest version 3.02.20.RHNS , I noticed on the Dahua website they have a different version 3.02.20.R.170116. (16th January 2017?)

I've just removed all the rules that were hastily setup for autotracking and intrusion and am trying to follow some examples from the Dahua Wiki, but the UI is different.View attachment 20103 . The problem is that the tutorial videos are using a different web UI version than the one I have.
The firmware on the website is only the PTZ part. And this one is also not for your cam, it's for the SD6AE models.
According to the Matrix you've got the actual main firmware, which is the General_SD-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.422.0000.8.R.20170315.zip the PTZ part for yours should be the General_SD6CXXXS-HN_MainAPP_Sony_PTZ_V3.00.47.R.160908

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Just uploaded a quick video of the Zoom on the SD6AE240V. Still using factory settings, have not adjusted focus or any settings. First zoom is on An Intersecion 325m from camera, then onto full zoom to a main road 2.9km away.
zoom.jpg

Last edited:

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just uploaded a quick video of the Zoom on the SD6AE240V. Still using factory settings, have not adjusted focus or any settings. First zoom is on An Intersecion 325m from camera, then onto full zoom to a main road 2.9km away.
View attachment 20128
Little bit windy over there, eh? :) Do you also tried the auto tracking feature of this cam? Would be nice to see the capabilities...

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The zoom level it does by auto tracking looks good, but it didn't zoom out again when the car comes closer, eh?

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
The way the tracking is set up at the moment. It seems to zoom in and follow. I have made very little changes to the camera. I am experimenting with different settings (cause and effect). With current settings It does not seem to zoom back out as vehicle approaches in this scene. It will often lose the target and focus on the ground for the remainder of the tracking time. I have it return home after 60 seconds.

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone know what causes the redish hue/ shadow effect on white objects. I'd like to eliminate it as much as possible.
redish hue on white objects.jpg

Reaction score
Have not set up Auto Tracking properly. I have a single Intrusion Zone/Tripwire rule set up @ about 150m from camera on a choke point.
The first few letters of the license plate are visible when coming in, then the rest which weren't visible are then able to be read. Just FYI the entire license plate can be seen.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is this cam available in European shops? or in general which is a good priced shop in EU for Dahua PTZs??

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
The first few letters of the license plate are visible when coming in, then the rest which weren't visible are then able to be read. Just FYI the entire license plate can be seen.
ha ha oops. I started to blur all the plate, then decided to make the first part visible. I suck at blurring number plates.

is this cam available in European shops? or in general which is a good priced shop in EU for Dahua PTZs??
Others may be able to help you out in this area. Prices in Australia, were very expensive. I saved a mountain of cash by going through Andy.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i know the ebay prices but i am just too scared to pay such a high amount to a Chinese shop, there must be a good shop in England or somewhere in Europe.