Dahua Starlight 40x PTZ - SD6AE240V-HNI

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i know the ebay prices but i am just too scared to pay such a high amount to a Chinese shop, there must be a good shop in England or somewhere in Europe.
Andy is not in Europe, but trustful. I ordered for a lot more from him then one of these PTZ costs. Everything works great with @EMPIRETECANDY

memaybe

n3wb
Reaction score
i know the ebay prices but i am just too scared to pay such a high amount to a Chinese shop, there must be a good shop in England or somewhere in Europe.
I have bought 3 cameras off Andy too, being based in UK and worried on the customs charges on top, though Andy has methods of shipping to circumvent this. Recommended seller and reputable in regards to the warranty if needed.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have bought 3 cameras off Andy too, being based in UK and worried on the customs charges on top, though Andy has methods of shipping to circumvent this. Recommended seller and reputable in regards to the warranty if needed.
Yep, get it before the brexit. I don't know if he'll still have tax free ways after this

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@pinko i watched your video and what is the setting for the colored boxes to show on the screen? I tried setting my camera to the setting you have cause i can't get the auto tracking to work properly. I have a 59 series and tracks on it's own This cam just drifts odd where it wants. I have only seen a green box a couple times. I have tried motion settings, tripwires, intrusions, and it will not lock in on anything. I even factory reset it. nothing. Here a video

Here's video of 59 series

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@pinko i watched your video and what is the setting for the colored boxes to show on the screen? I tried setting my camera to the setting you have cause i can't get the auto tracking to work properly. I have a 59 series and tracks on it's own This cam just drifts odd where it wants. I have only seen a green box a couple times. I have tried motion settings, tripwires, intrusions, and it will not lock in on anything. I even factory reset it. nothing. Here a video

Here's video of 59 series
Seems the rule something wrong, it is not track toward the moving @pinko can help make a check? @jaycanter you can upload some videos about your setting.

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
I am using Blue Iris to display rectangles to highlight motion in captures.
I hav attached a picture on how this is achieved through Blue Iris.
Seems the rule something wrong, it is not track toward the moving @pinko can help make a check? @jaycanter you can upload some videos about your setting.
It would help to have a detailed look at the rules for each of your presets, to try and work out what is happening. Theres a lot of trial and error involved. Its probably the case that if the tracking time greater than 30 seconds it may wonder off when it "loses" the target. One possible solution is to reduce the alarm tracking time for each rule on any given preset. For example change to 15 seconds from the default 30 seconds. Its hard to tell without seeing what rules and presets are set up in the camera. :)

Attachments

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
When Setting IVS Rules - Target sizes are important. You have to ensure each rule in any preset has an appropriate minimum target size. The camera does not seem to wander off when the minimum sizes on each rule are increased in size.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@pinko Thanks here is my settings just changed to 15 seconds to see if makes a difference

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And you'll pay 1586€ without shipping for a model with less zoom, instead of buying from @EMPIRETECANDY ?
where is his shop and from where he can send it? I mean if you buy cams for yourself is one thing, if you buy cam for a client installation thats another. The second case you are dead if you dont have a local distributor and local quick warranty. Hope its clear now.

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
where is his shop and from where he can send it? I mean if you buy cams for yourself is one thing, if you buy cam for a client installation thats another. The second case you are dead if you dont have a local distributor and local quick warranty. Hope its clear now.
Andy has two Stores on AliExpress.
He is very active & well respected in these forums and offers a level of service pre-sale & post delivery that is second to none. I'm not sure you would get better service anywhere.
FWIW the money I saved on one camera alone would more than cover freight and return Airfares to China for me to personally accompany the camera back to Andy.

Empire Technology
BEC Technology

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
@pinko Thanks here is my settings just changed to 15 seconds to see if makes a difference
Does tracking work any better?
I noticed a few things, not sure if it impacts on tracking. The order of the rules as per the demo on Dahua wiki is 1.Intrusion then 2.Tripwire. Also not sure what impact multiple sets of intusion an tripwire rules has on tracking. I will conduct some experiments and report back to you.

Reaction score
If you're doing an installation for a client (or multiple clients) and the client(s) require more than 1 camera then you could effectively provide the warranty to your client yourself

Based on your earlier comment about distributor in England... using current Bank of England € exchange rate of 1.12 and $ exchange rate of 1.3, and ignoring the necessary mounts and nvr

5231-Z From Spain €231, ~£206. From Andy's Aliexpress site, $170, ~£130.
SD49225 From Spain €469, ~£418. From Andy's Aliexpress site, $332, ~£255.

2 of 5231-Z + 2 SD49225 from Spain would cost £1250
3 of 5231-Z + 3 SD49225 from Spain would cost £1158

So, you could purchase more cameras than you need for less money. If there's a faulty one, you have a spare and could swap it out immediately. Charge your client based on the Spanish prices and give your own warranty.

I know what I'd do. (Also, if you email/pm andy then you might get a slightly better price than what he offers on his Aliexpress site, saving you even more money)

Disclaimer: I'm another satisfied customer of Andy's. Andy's delivery to the UK to me took about 3 weeks to be received which, for me, was perfectly acceptable.

I've tested them but I've still not installed them. Just never seem to have the time. Maybe this weekend.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you're doing an installation for a client (or multiple clients) and the client(s) require more than 1 camera then you could effectively provide the warranty to your client yourself

Based on your earlier comment about distributor in England... using current Bank of England € exchange rate of 1.12 and $ exchange rate of 1.3, and ignoring the necessary mounts and nvr

3 of 5231-Z + 3 SD49225 from Spain would cost £1158

So, you could purchase more cameras than you need for less money. If there's a faulty one, you have a spare and could swap it out immediately. Charge your client based on the Spanish prices and give your own warranty.

I know what I'd do. (Also, if you email/pm andy then you might get a slightly better price than what he offers on his Aliexpress site, saving you even more money)

Disclaimer: I'm another satisfied customer of Andy's. Andy's delivery to the UK to me took about 3 weeks to be received which, for me, was perfectly acceptable.

I've tested them but I've still not installed them. Just never seem to have the time. Maybe this weekend.
Let's not forget the costs of having to return a PTZ to China in case of warranty or other issues. Shipping and insurance from my country (Netherlands) to China costs almost 100 euro's. That's something to take into considderation when buying an expensive (500 - 1000 USD) PTZ from Andy or any other Chinese supplier. It's really great that we can get them cheap, but the problems start when you have to return it for whatever reason. It's what's keeping me from returning my SD59 and buying a SD6AE.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Let's not forget the costs of having to return a PTZ to China in case of warranty or other issues. Shipping and insurance from my country (Netherlands) to China costs almost 100 euro's. That's something to take into considderation when buying an expensive (500 - 1000 USD) PTZ from Andy or any other Chinese supplier.
This happens very seldom, we use free tax way you guys can save 17%+, for a camera you never mention this, lol. And let me tell you a story, i get some returns from US some of the camera is working perfectly, just not use good power, and i also get this , but i already replaced a new one for him, and i get a cam even can't replace anymore, you can see the cam drop badly on the ground. But he said the camera is in good condition. I am little frustrated for this way, but good news is 99.999% the guys from this forum are very nice person. They help me ship the wrong sending goods to the right guy and waiting for me to replace a new camera if have warranty, for the returns which is product itself i can pay all the shipping cost, if just no like or drop like this camera, i still under all the cost??? sir @Frank van der Heide ?????
upload_2017-7-27_22-38-49.png

Reaction score
Let's not forget the costs of having to return a PTZ to China in case of warranty or other issues. Shipping and insurance from my country (Netherlands) to China costs almost 100 euro's. That's something to take into considderation when buying an expensive (500 - 1000 USD) PTZ from Andy or any other Chinese supplier. It's really great that we can get them cheap, but the problems start when you have to return it for whatever reason. It's what's keeping me from returning my SD59 and buying a SD6AE.
That is a fair point Frank, returns costs can be a lot and I am kind of ignoring them in my earlier post, because of what belmont was saying and also because I was hypothetically buying multiple cameras. Perhaps I should have expanded on what I said earlier to clarify my reasoning.

I'm saving £92 and getting 3 of each camera rather than 2 of each.

For the same example above I could:
put 1 of each camera in the trash and still be £92 better off.
pay returns of £92 for one camera and get a replacement from Andy and still be 1 camera of each better off.

Some organisations self-insure to cover potential issues because the insurance premiums would be too high and this is, to a certain extent, what I'm advocating in this scenario. The more cameras you're buying the better off you would be.

If you don't want to risk having to return something and you're purchasing a single camera, then go the local distributor route. The extra costs you pay to a local distributor are your "insurance" for any issues you may have with the camera. If you choose to go to Andy, then you save on this "insurance" premium but you may have to pay for it later if something does go wrong.

falcy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

3 of 5231-Z + 3 SD49225 from Spain would cost £1158...
Wrong, VAT excluded, all prices No IVA included = SD49225 From Spain €567,56€ (incluye 98,50€ IVA)

From Andy's €287 :)

Reaction score
Wrong, VAT excluded, all prices No IVA included = SD49225 From Spain €567,56€ (incluye 98,50€ IVA)

From Andy's €287 :)
I was lazily assuming belmont is operating a business as he mentions clients and assumed VAT registered too so the VAT wouldn't be applicable, but yes, if not VAT registered then more savings.

Thanks for pointing that out falcy. :p

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score