Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231RN-Z not working :(

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tested firmware from 2016, it keeps reporting home even when disabled.

Tested 2017 firmware, this respects being disabled and doesn't make an connection attempt.

So in short, new firmware fixes this issue and I assume many others relating to security.

I'll upload the new firmware when I get to work in the morning, so thats 12-14 hours from now.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Because you are so excited I've uploaded the latest 100% stable firmware here for
IPC-HDW5231R ONLY.

This is the latest from the Official vendor support FTP, so it's stable rather then the beta that's been posted elsewhere.

I'll see if I can get my hands on the latest alpha/beta firmware but they maybe buggy.
For now the latest stable is attached, which is what I'm currently using.

Usual warning, use at own risk, blah blah blah.

As per my major security post, do this update with the camera isolated from the Internet so you don't brick it due to load.

Also change your admin password from admin, use something creative. :p

Lastly, turn off easy4ip, UPNP etc.

If you do brick it, follow the recovery guide posted within the mod thread.

Report back how you went.

Attachments

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I send the FTP link for @beingaware , he download all the firmware down and make a link for downloading, thanks for his time and effort.
But not to update the firmware too frequency, lol~ Hope all issues can be sorted soon and make all cams good working.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Files should be fully uploaded in the next 30-60 minutes.

Current stable firmwares can be downloaded from here: Index of /DAHUA/

See the excel sheets in the root directory for bug fix details, versions and which firmware goes with which camera.

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quick question. I just recently picked up a Dahua NVR with POE. I plugged the brand new 5231 cams in to the built in POE ports on the nvr which is not connected to the internet and they are recognized instantly by the nvr. Do I need to change the the admin password on the cams if they are never going to be plugged outside of the Nvr? I would always do this normally if connected outside of an nvr but this is my first time with using an nvr with built in POE. I have changed the admin password on the nvr however. Until now I have only ever used IP cams plugged into a POE switch on my network and always change the admin password before do anything.

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have gone a week or longer without mine going off line at least not noticeably until today. Iv'e seen it go oqff thqen come back for a minute and now been off again for several minutes.
Was there some step by step instructions for dummies on the methods correcting this problem? FW updates...
I still have to think maybe I have a heating issue with the POE switch getting hot and not providing the proper power? Is this possible?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have had mine for a while but no issues. I do not use Admin for the ID or PW.
I am sure my firmware is out of date though so should I update to the latest one posted above? Is it OK to do at this point?
I believe earlier in the thread it was said not to do it until some other update or something like that. I cannot find the exact post.