Dahua Starlight Varifocal Bullet Z5 7-35mm (IPC-HFW5231E-Z5)

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I received my Z5 yesterday (thanks Andy!) and looking at this beast, I am wondering how to mount this on a pole. I hadn't ordered any accessory mounting kit, and am thinking of somehow lashing a wooden block onto a pole, and then just securing the Z5 to the wood. Any suggestions on what a hardware store might have handy?
Some U-Bolts and some treated wood.

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Them house sounds are pretty funny. Like to set something like that with police radio cross talk or put your hands where I can see them. get on the ground, etc. You must be pretty much a big kid having fun for sure, great job. :.)

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I mounted the Z5 on an outside wall, but couldn't get the camera to twist so that the view is level. The small shaft can turn around, and the camera attached to the shaft can move up and down relative to the shaft's axis, but I still need to twist the camera for level. What do I need to do?

The Z5 is pointing maybe 30 degrees off center to the right.

Attachments

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Scooby-doo made me laugh, lol :D

The speaker is separate, example:

I use OpenHAB to send the sounds out. OpenHAB is a home automation server. I use it for pretty much everything around the house - lights, TV control, camera profiles. You can do a lot with it.

It does this if things really hit the fan:

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Scooby-doo made me laugh, lol :D
I keep adding sounds. I have Darth Vader saying "The emperor has been expecting you!" when someone comes to the door, and some others.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That's even better! :D

I keep adding sounds. I have Darth Vader saying "The emperor has been expecting you!" when someone comes to the door, and some others.

Kdizzle

n3wb
Reaction score
I was looking to order this. But it only shows a “PAL” option. Is that what everyone is getting? No issues?
Can anyone add a link?
Thanks

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Kdizzle: Using PAL was not an issue for me, with Blue Iris as the NVR. To order, you would just send an email to Andy requesting a PayPal invoice, and he delivers from Hong Kong within days, which is amazing. His contact info "EMPIRETECANDY" is listed in the first post's link: kingsecurity2014@163.com

Kdizzle

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. Definitely going for it. The results are amazing for the price. Just wanted to confirm. Also use blue iris.
Might also add it to install that I use a hikvision nvr

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a couple questions on yourZ5 setup in BI if you don't mind. My zoom setup will only zoom to the max positions when zooming out or in. I can't get an in between to stop anywhere beside full in or full out.
Also, with the microphone you mounted with the Z5, did you have any mic audio that sounds like being in a fish tank? The audio coming thru mic into headphones on my setup has a deep sea water audio sound when listening to the outside sounds. What speaker are you using
This is what I am using below, besides the PA speaker & amp, which I just used in the image as an example of a speaker
Z5.jpg

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a couple questions on yourZ5 setup in BI if you don't mind. My zoom setup will only zoom to the max positions when zooming out or in. I can't get an in between to stop anywhere beside full in or full out.
Also, with the microphone you mounted with the Z5, did you have any mic audio that sounds like being in a fish tank? The audio coming thru mic into headphones on my setup has a deep sea water audio sound when listening to the outside sounds. What speaker are you using
This is what I am using below, besides the PA speaker & amp, which I just used in the image as an example of a speaker
View attachment 24020
The audio sounds kind of bad if you're using the built in noise filter, I've disabled it:

Example video:

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The audio sounds kind of bad if you're using the built in noise filter, I've disabled it:

THANK YOU!...What a huge difference that made disabling Noise Filter. The watery sound has stopped and now finally is quiet clear sounding.
I also notice you have Encode as AAC which I have changed to now, but raised sampling to 48K. If that is too high, let me know.
In BI, the Audio Options, GAIN & SENSITIVITY have any effects with recording? Right now mine are set @ 72.9% & sensitivity is minimized.
I have these options also chosen:
* Webcast Audio
* Record Audio during profiles
* Trigger camera during profiles
* Use 1 second average intensity

I get steady sound with these settings with a very random 1 second no sound. Almost sounds like one file recording ends and a new one starts type of thing. Not being a sound engineer, that is my best description of the 1 second dead sound. Sure wish Dolby could be included in settings, LOL.

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't use BI. The sound comes in fine on the NVR & SPSS.

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't use BI. The sound comes in fine on the NVR & SPSS.
Ahhhh, Then BI must be part of the problem. I also get a pulse sound also sometimes. Not all the time, but tonight I hear it. I am not running a ground on the microphone power so it can't be a loop back from the power cord ground. The sound is much better though with the filter disabled for sure. I run head phones through the USB port on the dedicated PC system, but think I will try using a speaker port if I can get them working correctly and reload drivers and see if this corrects the pulse that rears itself occasionally.