Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
last update from DHL for me is Atlanta, I'm in Florida, so I'm hoping I can pick it up front my wife's job at lunch time.
We're just about three towns apart and yours took a different route?...interesting. Watch out when you handle your package 'cause that DHL logo sure looks flamin' hot...just sayin'. Kudos to Andy and DHL. :):)

Dropnbassonu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Daytime zoomed out all the way view. Still have my motion detect and tripwires set for the middle or else it would have picked this car up sooner...
Make sure to hit 1080p for full size.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My 2 show arriving today...Glad they came before Chinese NewYear...That whole country just stops communicating for like 3-4 weeks during it seems....Must be a serious party.

2017 Year of the Fire Rooster...

a66364b8b6e248aa8fe6a9d9.jpg

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Daytime zoomed out all the way view. Still have my motion detect and tripwires set for the middle or else it would have picked this car up sooner...
Make sure to hit 1080p for full size.
Well I intend to keep mine zoomed out permanently just to maximize coverage. How far is it from the camera to the light post in the foreground? Also, how high is the camera? Thanks.

BTW, nice rolling neighborhood you got there...here in central Florida is boringly flat lol. Only places you'll see some serious hill are the landfills...guffaw.

Last edited:

Dropnbassonu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I intend to keep mine zoomed out permanently just to maximize coverage. How far is it from the camera to the light post in the foreground? Also, how high is the camera? Thanks.

BTW, nice rolling neighborhood you got there...here in central Florida is boringly flat lol. Only places you'll see some serious hill are the landfills...guffaw.
Thanks yeah I love central NC. Perfect terrain and not too far to mountains or beach. My house sits 10' higher than the street, and the camera is under an eve 9' up. So, in total the camera is 19' above the street level at the base of the light post. The post is 100' from the camera and the bottom of my driveway in the middle is 65'.

Reactions: Tic

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
We're just about three towns apart and yours took a different route?...interesting. Watch out when you handle your package 'cause that DHL logo sure looks flamin' hot...just sayin'. Kudos to Andy and DHL. :):)
What town are you in?

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks yeah I love central NC. Perfect terrain and not too far to mountains or beach. My house sits 10' higher than the street, and the camera is under an eve 9' up. So, in total the camera is 19' above the street level at the base of the light post. The post is 100' from the camera and the bottom of my driveway in the middle is 65'.
Hmmm...is it my depth perception that's out of whack or just my eyes playing tricks on me...but that 100' sure looks very close.

himey97

n3wb
Reaction score
PM with Andy and he says "oh, you are in USA so have to get a NTSC one."
I read on here that for IP Cam PAL vs NTSC is not relevant.
Correct me the newb please.
Thx

billv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My cameras arrived a few minutes ago. Thanks @EMPIRETECANDY for fast shipping. Picked up on 1/4 at 11:31 Hong Cong time, arrived today, 1/5 at 14:52 North Carolina time. Can't wait to get them out.

Dropnbassonu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm...is it my depth perception that's out of whack or just my eyes playing tricks on me...but that 100' sure looks very close.
It's actually 102', but the nearly 20' drop in elevation makes it shorter. If this were golf I'd play it about 12' closer. :)

Reactions: Tic

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I requested NTSCs...never got any confirmation whatsoever...never bothered to ask Andy because I knew he was very busy...resigned to the fact that I'd be getting PAL...no big deal...lo & behold...I got NTSC cams!

Thanks, Andy...you're service is first-rate!!!

PL.jpg