Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Today I opened my skype and found one of my client's message. Due to dahua system they catch the thieves and he send all the HDD to the police station. He is grateful for these devices. And the starlight ones cams watch the thief clearly and recorded by the nvr. So a good and reliable system is very important though cost more , dahua always be a very professional and stable brand for your security. Hope we can make those bad guys far away from us. I am also little worry for those guys who use Not original english cams, they are too easy attacked.
Buy from us always can be trustful.

Attachments

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Another way to check event times when you disable the recording due to skip frame bug is to go Setup -> Information -> Log then search for Event only and you will get a list of all the events time and date which had occur to review.

This is one method I used to check events on other cameras that I don't wanted to be alerted by unless I suspect some suspicious activities occured on my properties. With begin and end time, I can find events that have long time frame meaning there was lots of movement and worth checking. I normally ignore the short time frame events which is mostly false triggers.

Front door and driveway are only the two cameras I wanted to be alerted by. The rest of the camera around house, I only let it keep logs and not alert me.

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any help with minimizing the blur of the object in motion with night time video. Yes, this camera is phenomenal with night-time "STILL-IMAGING" but to me the images in motion are mediocre. The Hikvision 2CD2332-i 3MP had clearer UP CLOSE nighttime imaging.

Here is a BI still showing my results with the following settings:

BI Settings:
30FPS, Direct to Disk, H264 decoding no VPP, Continous Record

Camera Settings:
30FPS, IFrame 16, VBR and Quality BEST (6)
Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness. Gamma all set to 50
Exposure set to OUTDOOR and AUTO Mode, Auto Iris ON and 3D NR ON Grade 10
WDR set to 10
WB set to Auto
IR Light set to Manual 5

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The HDW5231R-Z no stock again, but will have 40pcs in this Thursday, the pending orders (around 25pcs)have to wait then. This model still very slow for production. Thanks for your waiting and support. Any guys contact me just use my kingsecurity2014@163.com, please not contact me via PAYPAL Gmail. Sometimes gmail are blocked here in China. So i am very hard to ready the emails in time.

Thanks for your support.

Andy

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any help with minimizing the blur of the object in motion with night time video. Yes, this camera is phenomenal with night-time "STILL-IMAGING" but to me the images in motion are mediocre. The Hikvision 2CD2332-i 3MP had clearer UP CLOSE nighttime imaging.

BI Settings:

Camera Settings:
WDR set to 10
WB set to Auto
IR Light set to Manual 5
Turn off wdr. Set a minimum shutter speed

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

BI Settings:

Camera Settings:
WDR set to 10
WB set to Auto
IR Light set to Manual 5
Also, Iframe is too low, set it to 30.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what location and how to mount front porch camera? I have the PFA137 bracket already.
Locations A,B,D feel hollow.
Location D is less desireable because somebody could come from behind the camera to take it out.
Location A and B feel like vinyl siding, hollow behind.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I put it on the brick, then I have to flip the image 90 degrees, and the camera gives me an incredibly huge fisheye view

Look at the door, why does it look curved like that? Also everything looked stretched sideways

Does everybody's camera get super stretched if they flip 90 or 270 degrees? Only 0 or 180 degrees looks normal.

Last edited:

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I put it on the brick, then I have to flip the image 90 degrees, and the camera gives me an incredibly huge fisheye view

Look at the door, why does it look curved like that? Also everything looked stretched sideways

Does everybody's camera get super stretched if they flip 90 or 270 degrees? Only 0 or 180 degrees looks normal.

It looks that way because you're viewing a vertical image on a horizontal page. Pull it up on your phone and it will look correct.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It looks that way because you're viewing a vertical image on a horizontal page. Pull it up on your phone and it will look correct.
You're right, looking at it on my phone it looks correct, but looking at the recorded file to the NVR it still looks stretched. How do I play back the recording with it unstretched?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will be hooked up soon enough they are just finishing the rest of my data drops and then the switch will be mounted and patch panel installed and I can finally see some coverage from the cams, Blueiris PC is freshly installed with an SSD and 500gb storage to test
Very professional. Nice equipment.

Look forward to the finished product.

SD

Sixto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The 5231 and NVR5216 arrived today, I've played with the 5231 so far.
I used DHCP to get an IP address, then locked it in with the router so that it won't change.
Changed the password, changed to h.265. Played with access from Mac/Safari & iPhone/IDMSS so far and that works fine.
Looks like about 2Kbps for the main stream, leaving the default at 25fps.
I need to look back through this thread for other parameters that I should change.
Any significant parameters that I should change now before I boot up the NVR and start playing with that?
The 6TB Purple drive should be here on Wednesday.

Reaction score
Just a comparison shot between the 5231 and my previous Foscam Fi9805W over the driveway. Snapshots taken from recorded Blue Iris footage so probably not the highest quality method of taking stills. The Dahua settings haven't been tweaked at all yet, just finally got it installed and was very impressed at the difference in light gathering/clarity already compared to what I had. It's very dark out right now. I imagine i can mess with the zoom a bit to get the carriage lights and lens flair out of the shot.

Attachments

Jaime-Cam

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @EMPIRETECANDY Got my two 5231s today.
I flashed "DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpn_N_Stream3_V2.460.0000.7.R.20170306" on them. Is this still the latest firmware or is there a newer one that fixes the constant rebooting issues some have seen when connected to the internet?