Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I finally got back from vacation yesterday and installed one of my cams today. I know these are digital so PAL and NTSC doesn't matter so much but is there any way I can get mine changed to NTSC? There is a drop down box but only PAL is listed. What is the latest firmware for this cam and where can I find it? I have a lot of playing to do on this thing but it seems to be a very nice cam. Thanks.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally got back from vacation yesterday and installed one of my cams today. I know these are digital so PAL and NTSC doesn't matter so much but is there any way I can get mine changed to NTSC? There is a drop down box but only PAL is listed. What is the latest firmware for this cam and where can I find it? I have a lot of playing to do on this thing but it seems to be a very nice cam. Thanks.
Go to the very top post, number one, on page one. Read it from top to bottom. Your questions will be answered.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Check the very first post of this thread and answer you shall find :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Some cams we ship to USA is PAL, because time is too tight, hard to update them in short time,The cams can be updated easily to PAL/NTSC easily. All the cams we sold firmware can be updated easily. Yesterday i make a checking for the returns, there only 2 dead for this model and some guys seems not find the right power and mentioned dead. Actually speaking, this model sold around 1200pcs now. The defective rate is very low, thanks to @nayr , he is busy with the new baby and his work right now and will be back when he is free. Thanks to his support for this forum!

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did any of you switch to NTSC? I see the firmware for PAL and NTSC but wanted to do some checking before I did anything or if anything really needed to be done?
Yes, I did switch from PAL to NTSC without any problems. That was not the primary reason for the update. The factory shipped firmware had undergone two upgrades due to security concerns. Here is my current firmware and I believe it is the most recent. 2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date 2017-03-06.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I look for nanapi for Chrome on Linux, I only get "nanapi Recipe Book" which I think is not what I need...
Any other suggestion?
What are you trying to do? I access SmartPSS via Wine on Linux.

I can do anything except view live feeds and configure IVS events in Firefox on Linux.

baggins

n3wb
Reaction score
NPAPI plugins?
It turns out to be NACL Web Plugin.
I first used the only Windows machine I have to change the IP address and then started Chrome on my Linux machine. It automatically took me to the NACL Web Plugin which I installed.
I'm all set now...
Now I only need to find out what url to use to show the image in my domotics visualisation. I take it this must be buried somewhere in the 4000+ messages of this thread!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I did switch from PAL to NTSC without any problems. That was not the primary reason for the update. The factory shipped firmware had undergone two upgrades due to security concerns. Here is my current firmware and I believe it is the most recent. 2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date 2017-03-06.
Yes, I believe this is the most up to date firmware.

memaybe

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I believe this is the most up to date firmware.
I got 2 of these today and both have newer NTSC firmware:

Software Version 2.460.0000.9.R, Build Date: 2017-04-28
WEB Version 3.2.1.446895
ONVIF Version 2.42

@EMPIRETECANDY many thanks arrived safe to UK "tax free way"

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

memaybe

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah right, I will run them both to see if any issues as my previous 5231R-Z is on 2.460.0000.7.R, Build Date 2017-03-06 PAL.

For anyone running QNAP as NVR these are detected fine, the latest version of Surveillance Station now picks up the picture from the cams on the "Camera Overview" page now where previously the Orange question mark was.