Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone else get this choppiness? It spits and stutters, black frames. It's all default settings no motion, no ivs, just 24 hours straight recording. Even when I download the clips it's choppy just the same. You think it's the SD card? when I format the card through the camera it's good for maybe 2-3 days then starts doing the same thing again. It's making this camera useless for me...
ScreenHunter 03.png

I'm using this card, Amazon.com: Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM): Computers & Accessories

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using that card on a couple of 8231 and 52A1EN bullets and have not had that problem.... What is your bitrate set to?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Doubt thats it then, pretty modest, I run 30fps and 8192 Kb/S just because I can.

I wonder if you were to have MD turned ON but not recording, if those blank spaces are where motion is detected but not recording? If it were recording motion, would those gaps make sense?

Of course it is suspicious that you can make it behave by formatting the card and it goes back to doing it after a couple of days..

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It does sound weird - I use this 128GB card in mine:
Toshiba Exceria M302 128GB Micro SD Memory Card 90 MB/s 4K - THN-M302R1280EA

It's been in and looping 24/7 since mid January and so far so good!

Are you on the latest firmware as I did used to see the camera choking on the firmware that shipped with the camera?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the look of the black face.

Mark
The new varifocal Hikvision 2Mp DS-2CD2H25FWD-IZS seems to be identical with the black face as well apart from having a built in back box and looks like you plug straight into that one so it's lost the pigtail. I wonder if Dahua will follow? In the pics the black front is glossy again like the new Dahua so not sure how the IR works - maybe it's semi transparent?

ds-2cd2h25fwd-izs_view5_2.png ds-2cd2h25fwd-izs_view3_2.png

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting design; thanks for sharing. Hopefully the "grommet" block will provide a proper seal.

Mark

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Doubt thats it then, pretty modest, I run 30fps and 8192 Kb/S just because I can.

I wonder if you were to have MD turned ON but not recording, if those blank spaces are where motion is detected but not recording? If it were recording motion, would those gaps make sense?

Of course it is suspicious that you can make it behave by formatting the card and it goes back to doing it after a couple of days..
No MD turned on nor recording. I thought the same thing and if it is turned off and still showing those blocked then something is screwed up.

It does sound weird - I use this 128GB card in mine:
Toshiba Exceria M302 128GB Micro SD Memory Card 90 MB/s 4K - THN-M302R1280EA

It's been in and looping 24/7 since mid January and so far so good!

Are you on the latest firmware as I did used to see the camera choking on the firmware that shipped with the camera?
I'm on the firmware that Nayr posted. Is there a newer one now? I may just upgrade it again, restrore and see if that helps. Sooo annoying.

hidroela

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
any tutorial of how to do the you tube streaming like the one above with the
Eagle