Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I am a couple of steps further. I managed to get into the Dahua setup screen using the suggestion of Philip . Now I want to change the IP address to 192.168.2.201 but I get the message: "It failed to save. The subnet mask is illegal". I also changed the default gateway to the IP-address of my router.
And I still cannot find the camera with the Config Tool or the Smart PSS. Any suggestions?
For subnet mask what are you putting? Did you put 255.255.255.0?

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Subnetmask is most likely 255.255.255.0
The default gateway should be your router, thats right.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
it is on 255.255.255.0
Also check what subnet mask your router is set to? You can check this by checking subnet mask of laptop adapter when you set the adapter back to DHCP. Click the Apple icon and open System Preferences -> Network.

linze

n3wb
Reaction score
The second camera behaves exactly the same: illegal subnet mask........

SeanO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, is anyone using these cams with a junction box like the one pictured below? I'm about to order some of these but while I'm swapping cams out I've got 2 that I'd like to hang down a couple inches lower to clear the eave better. I saw these and thought they might be perfect, but I'm wondering if they match the cam so when it's all put together it looks like 1 unit?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019QP2X0O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AMI0MCBIBIUP7&psc=1

View attachment 23499
I'd be careful. I bought some standard USA electrical boxes and the holes did not line up.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Hey guys, is anyone using these cams with a junction box like the one pictured below? I'm about to order some of these but while I'm swapping cams out I've got 2 that I'd like to hang down a couple inches lower to clear the eave better. I saw these and thought they might be perfect, but I'm wondering if they match the cam so when it's all put together it looks like 1 unit?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019QP2X0O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AMI0MCBIBIUP7&psc=1

View attachment 23499
All 5 of my 5231's are mounted on these. Makes it easy to hide and any extra cable. May help some in weatherproofing of the Cat5e connection, too. If you can't stuff the cabling back up into the soffit or wall, these really become essential. The one you linked to, PFA137, is the one that fits the 5231 cameras.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
All 5 of my 5231's are mounted on these. Makes it easy to hide and any extra cable. May help some in weatherproofing of the Cat5e connection, too. If you can't stuff the cabling back up into the soffit or wall, these really become essential. The one you linked to, PFA137, is the one that fits the 5231 cameras.
damn, 21 bucks each is pricey

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
May want to see what kind of rate Andy charges. May come out cheaper to order cams and junction boxes from him at the same time.