Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's a good point. For now, I'm striking while the iron is hot. If I order with the 30-day delivery, by the time they get here, the install will get overcome by other events - and it'll sit in the box until it becomes obsolete. There's interest now, so faster is better.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm quite the opposite. I'm insulating my garage now, and than I need to drywall. I have just ran the cables for now, so I'm not in a hurry.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have just placed the cameras on the wall and I don't know if I like the ZE with the black face. It makes it more obvious, than I would like too.
These cameras, are pretty big compared to other neighbors. I know they are much better, but maybe the black "face", is a bit to much.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm wondering, it would be a good idea to use a silicon sealer, where the gap it is on the camera?

idiskjock

n3wb
Reaction score
Any advice on having two profiles set up for each camera (day profile and night profile). Day profile looks gret during the day but lacks the BLC to see details in the dark. If i leave the night profile, the BLC ruins the image during the day. I'm using an NVR and the idmss app for the cameras.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any advice on having two profiles set up for each camera (day profile and night profile). Day profile looks gret during the day but lacks the BLC to see details in the dark. If i leave the night profile, the BLC ruins the image during the day. I'm using an NVR and the idmss app for the cameras.
If you have a Windows PC that runs 24/7 somewhere in your house, one on the admins here wrote a program that runs in the background that can change your cameras between day/night profiles based on sunrise/sunset times for your area.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have just placed the cameras on the wall and I don't know if I like the ZE with the black face. It makes it more obvious, than I would like too.
Same here. I have six R-Zs (white face) that blend in to the white soffit they're mounted on. I have one R-ZE, and its black face against the white soffit makes it very obvious -- doesn't blend in at all. In some environments, an obvious camera can be a plus. For me, it is not.

I'm wondering, it would be a good idea to use a silicon sealer, where the gap it is on the camera?
You mean the hole on the mounting ring? Lots of posts here where folks have done that.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
As long as you never want to move the camera, for field of view purposes, it could be caulked one way or another. Around the cable entry, underneath the camera is probably a better idea if all you're trying to do is protect the RJ45.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm afraid, that spiders and other bugs, will find a nice comfy place for themselves in there. Plus, against water as well of course.

idiskjock

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have a Windows PC that runs 24/7 somewhere in your house, one on the admins here wrote a program that runs in the background that can change your cameras between day/night profiles based on sunrise/sunset times for your area.
No, it's ran off nvr only.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It was $145.
Geeze! I just received 6 cams from Andy a few weeks ago...fast delivery but they will sit for at least a month or so until the freezing weather lets up. I did not know there was a "slow ship" option that could have saved me $20+ bucks per camera. Dang!

Apex20

n3wb
Reaction score
Could you post a link to that store ? Btw I’m trying to monitor my neighbors viscous dogs. I need some decent range for at least one camera. Is 150ft asking too much for 1 of these cams ?

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that camera, sorry.
I have a 4MP Dahua camera and this one, is (much)better.
Don't just look at the megapixels. This camera's sensor is bigger/better sensor, then the ones in a cheaper 4Mp camera.
My 4MP Dahua camera, it was $74(!).

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Andy, I'm Ambra from Aliexpress. As I told you in the messages from Aliexpress , I have more confidence in UPS NL than in NL post. Please give me a good price for this IPC-HDW5231R-Z. If I understood well, for ipcamtalk members, you give discounts?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Andy, I'm Ambra from Aliexpress. As I told you in the messages from Aliexpress , I have more confidence in UPS NL than in NL post. Please give me a good price for this IPC-HDW5231R-Z. If I understood well, for ipcamtalk members, you give discounts?
This is a busy thread. Be sure to tag folks so they get alerted that their name was mentioned, otherwise they may miss the post. Andy is @EMPIRETECANDY

You can also email Andy. His address is kingsecurity2014@163.com