Dahua system questions

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, you would have to have a friend on a different network try to log in via a computer. Best to use IE and let it download the plug ins. Or, go to the Dahua site and download the software for free. I am surprised 80 is letting you port forward. Your friend just has to type in your domain name and does not need to enter the port at the end.
Since I am using a ddns would he just type in my host name address instead? It should go right to the nvr login screen if I set it up right, correct?

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got a camera today and its working, I did change my TCP and HTTP ports from 80 and 37777 to something else on my NVR. Do I have to do this in the camera as well? It's working without doing it, I just want to be sure that I set it up right.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's alittle confusing what you said. Did you or did you not change the http port from 80? The tcp port 37777 is fine, you can leave that. The camera ports you do not have to touch, unless you want to remotely log into the camera's web interface. Otherwise, just log into the NVR remotely and view the live image through the NVR.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's alittle confusing what you said. Did you or did you not change the http port from 80? The tcp port 37777 is fine, you can leave that. The camera ports you do not have to touch, unless you want to remotely log into the camera's web interface. Otherwise, just log into the NVR remotely and view the live image through the NVR.
I did, I changed both the 37777 and 80 ports to different numbers and port forwarded them from the NVR. The camera is linked to the NVR but under the cam settings I didn't change any ip settings. Seems to work like it is.

I searched but I can't find any tutorial on how to have the NVR send me an email snapshot. How do I set this up?

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks!

Now ow do you think mounting my NVR and switch in my attic is a bad idea? I live in Florida and it gets quite hot up there.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
monoprice

craigslist of your nearest metro will have used full size cabinets for cheap.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks!

I think I have all my cable runs figured out, they will be originating from a closet where I am going to mount a server cabinet and put most equipment in it. I am going to put the Cable modem, WIFI router, POE switch, HDMI splitter and the NVR in there, along with a surge protector/UPS, 48 keystone panel which will house all the CAT6, RG6, and HDMI ports coming from the ceiling. It will be ran through the attic in a 3 inch PVC pipe.

For each small bedroom I plan on 2 CAT6, 1 RG6, and 1 HDMI.

For the Family room and master bedroom I plan on 4 CAT6, 2 HDMI, and 1 RG6

I probably won't use all the ports but added extras for future expansion. All will have Low voltage boxes with the keystone plates. I have the HDMI splitter to run the HDMI out on the NVR to screens in each room if you want to see the video feeds from anywhere in the house. Do you think I have too much or not enough of any of the runs? I hope to eventually have some kind of media server in there that could run to each room for movies or whatever through the HDMI or the Cat6. Not sure how those things work though.

Am I on the right path?