Dahua Video (*.DAV) Playback in Mac OSX

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its the same but only for whatever camera you have selected at the time.. sounds like you needa clean up your hdd

jayson436

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the disk errors were due to me running it out of the download directory and some permission thing.. once I moved it to Applications it was happy.

adiasbr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I searched all web for a .DAV player how this. Finally i have a true link to download.

Dahua OSX Software Bundle (*.DAV playback on Mac OSX)

Dahua OSX Software Bundle / Dahua Video (*.DAV) Playback in Mac OSX

Download: Dahua OSX Software.dmg (176.9 MB)
  • SmartPSS - v2.00.0
  • SmartPlayer - v3.40.0
  • Config Tool - v4.01.0
  • Config Tool - v3.10.0 (better for recovery)
  • FileConvert - v3.34.3
Last Updated: January 2017 - SmartPSS 2.0 Finally Released!

Why download this bundle? Because Dahua distributes software compressed in .bzip2 formats which OSX has no native way of handling, and the dahua download servers from china are usually extremely slow and difficult to navigate.

SmartPSS Features:
  • RealTime View and Recorded Playback
  • PTZ Control
  • IVS Smart Rules & Fisheye Dewarping
  • Event Logs and Alerts
  • H264/H265/SmartCodec Support
  • Lower CPU Usage than Browser Plugins
  • Grid Playback with Custom Displays
  • Tours, Device Configuration, and more
  • Note it does not play back recorded video.
SmartPlayer Features:
  • Watermark Verification
  • Grouping Multiple Streams for Sync'd Playback
  • Slow Mo 1/64 Speed, High 64x Speed
  • Seeking
  • Loading Raw Files off Network Share
  • Export to AVI
  • Digital Zoom

Other known OSX tools to handle .DAV files:

WARNING, there is a 3rd party commercial software tool that is spamming these forums and is 100% untrustworthy: DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR PAY FOR UFUSoft DAV Converter for Mac

All the files I posted are free for download, no trials.. 100% Dahua Software

joesepe

n3wb
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
same version available from post #1 in this thread; except you dont need to install any additional software to decompress it.

joesepe

n3wb
Reaction score
doesnt macosx automatically have the ability to decompress tar?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its a bzip2, and I dont think so.. I have a bunch of GNU tools installed on mine from ports, but if it does have it built in its going to require you to do it from the bash prompt that most Mac users wont know what to do with.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I cant seem to get file conversion to work.. im on mac OS Sierra 10.12.4
"
FileConvert cannot be opened because of a problem."
What window are you in? screen shot?

It works for me but it is very slow and cumbersome to pick out the time and get it going. I did the same thing on Blue Iris and it was almost twice a fast and easy to do the same processes.

Geogehery

n3wb
Reaction score
members of our forum beware, the previous post was SPAM (now deleted) and I would not be surprised if the software he is recommended is riddled with malware.. These assholes are mad that this thread is the #1 search results on google now and nobody is paying for there shit software.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR PAY FOR UFUSoft DAV Converter for Mac

There are plenty of FREE Tools that are trustworthy, unlike these clowns!
I think you are too angry and arbitrary for this, i have found many shareware in google said about playing or converting dav files, they can do it, but not free. If you don't like it, just deleted the post in your forum, it is not a malware for i have tried it and works.

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the file in the first post will download partially and then stop? On all of my attempts, the file will stop downloading near 30.0 -32 mb mark.

When trying to resume the download, it states that "you do not have permission to access the....."

Thanks...

jayson436

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The latest version of SmartPSS already exports to MP4 so why do you need converters anymore?

Reaction score
Hey guys, Really struggling using smartPSS for the first time - would love a link to a handbook or something. Have some experience in using CCTV and some experience in networking etc. know where the DVR is on the network but can't seem to access it with the credential that I can use to access same system on my IOS device using IDMSSlite.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had that same issue Mikey Roszbach. In my opinion Dahua has done a really poor job providing english documentation and making it user friendly. I had a good amount of experience and ran into nothing but roadblocks with Dahua software and NVR. I switched to Blue Iris and it was night day. Everything i struggled with, just worked.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same experience as you, @CaliGirl. I guess this is exactly why Dahua doesn't sell directly to consumers and relies on its resellers to "know" (and be able to setup/explain) this stuff.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, Really struggling using smartPSS for the first time - would love a link to a handbook or something. Have some experience in using CCTV and some experience in networking etc. know where the DVR is on the network but can't seem to access it with the credential that I can use to access same system on my IOS device using IDMSSlite.
This might help some: Template:SmartPSS - Dahua Wiki