Dahua vs Hikvision AI - Which Is Superior?

EViS

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between Hikvision and Dahua for a new CCTV install. The AI element in terms of filtering out false alerts for people and vehicle notifications is the most important element for me. Do you guys have any evidence of which manufacturer's algorithms and software is better in this respect?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Both are more or less the same. Don't settle based on gimmicky features, go based on overall user feedback based on image quality, build quality, performance, and after-sales support. I can tell you right away that the Dahua sub-forum draws a lot of attention. Dahua has gained a lot of momentum in the last couple of years thanks to affordability, features, value, and Andy's presence here on the forum. :)

I'm trying to decide between Hikvision and Dahua for a new CCTV install. The AI element in terms of filtering out false alerts for people and vehicle notifications is the most important element for me. Do you guys have any evidence of which manufacturer's algorithms and software is better in this respect?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
IPVM did some detailed testing however you will need a membership Dahua Analytics+ Tested note there are different levels of dahua/hik analytics

EViS

n3wb
Reaction score

EViS

n3wb
Reaction score
Both are more or less the same. Don't settle based on gimmicky features, go based on overall user feedback based on image quality, build quality, performance, and after-sales support. I can tell you right away that the Dahua sub-forum draws a lot of attention. Dahua has gained a lot of momentum in the last couple of years thanks to affordability, features, value, and Andy's presence here on the forum. :)
I fully appreciate this is a very Dahua-focused forum and therefore the support would be second-to-none. However, I already have good knowledge of the Hikvision models and how they differ. Hik equipment is also much more widely accessible over here. That's not to say that Dahua doesn't exist or that of course Andy couldn't ship it over to me.

In your opinion, which kit offers the higher build quality, performance and image quality? And what would you class as gimmicky features?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I fully appreciate this is a very Dahua-focused forum and therefore the support would be second-to-none. However, I already have good knowledge of the Hikvision models and how they differ. Hik equipment is also much more widely accessible over here. That's not to say that Dahua doesn't exist or that of course Andy couldn't ship it over to me.

In your opinion, which kit offers the higher build quality, performance and image quality? And what would you class as gimmicky features?
There are plenty of hik users here with tons of info. Build quality is the same. Performance and image quality vary by model. They both make crappy and great models. See threads.