Dahua VTO2000 no mobile notifications in gDMSS Plus ...

Fra

n3wb
Reaction score
No rules which block the traffic :(.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Then my advice would be to put a "sniffer" on your network: any "simple" linux with tcpdump will help you identify the root cause: you SHOULD see the outbound 2195 TCP packets. If you don't see them, there is something wrong on your VTO setup. If you do see them, it's somewhere on your router (network/firewall).

KPSTAR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Hoping to get some help with this, or is there still an ongoing issue with android push notifications? I have 'successfully' setup my VTO2000 and VTH1550. I'm able to receive push notification via my iPad, however nothing at all on my Samsung s10.

Also, another side issue I'm noticing is that the Unlock feature on the VTH1550 is not working, yet is working fine via the iPad, as well as the Web Server when I log in a click the Unlock Door button?? Not sure if these are related or two separate issues. Now at a complete loss, as I'm sure the wiring is now correct given I can unlock via the app etc.. Please help.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Hoping to get some help with this, or is there still an ongoing issue with android push notifications? I have 'successfully' setup my VTO2000 and VTH1550. I'm able to receive push notification via my iPad, however nothing at all on my Samsung s10.

Also, another side issue I'm noticing is that the Unlock feature on the VTH1550 is not working, yet is working fine via the iPad, as well as the Web Server when I log in a click the Unlock Door button?? Not sure if these are related or two separate issues. Now at a complete loss, as I'm sure the wiring is now correct given I can unlock via the app etc.. Please help.
Hello down-under :)

I have the idea that (at least) something is not configured well. Especially on the android.
On my VTO-VTH combination, I can click open door on both VTH, android (Motorola) and iOS. So it should work.

As you do see inconsistencies across multiple devices (both VTH unlock and full android integration), I suggest the following procedure:
- FIRST go onto your iPAD, alarm manager --> UNcheck the botton at subscription of your VTO. important step this one!
- factory reset VTO
- use configtool (vdpconfig) to find back the VTO and change the IP address to something in your target range (eg 192.168.1.9 --> 192.168.27.100)
- then factory reset VTH
- use onscreen to FIRST setup the target range of the VTH (eg 192.168.27.101)
- THEN search for your VTO device - it SHOULD come up as 192.168.27.100
- simply "add" the VTO to your VTH
- TRY to view the video feed: does it not work? Go back to step 2 and restart over
- TRY to push the button of the VTO. does it not work? Go back to step 2 and restart over
- TRY to open the door from the VTH. does it not work ... you"ll get the picture.

I have had tons of connectivity issues in the start of my project (cfr [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit), however there are configuration parameters which are pushed from the VTH to the VTO. Some of them are visible in the webservice of the VTO, you might be able to twigle with those, but sometimes it is easier to go back 10 miles and leap forward 15 miles than having to run around in circles.

Once the VTO-VTH works, thén start hooking your mobile devices. As you had best luck with iPAD, go again into iDMSS plus, add the doorbell by IP/Domain, activate the alarm manager and try the bell, unlock door etc.
Once that works, try with gDMSS on your Samsung - same procedure as above. If the "sliderbotton" is not green (and does not stay green), you are not receiving any push notifications.

Final remark: if you have setup a firewall of any kind, you need to open outbound ports for push notifications to work.

Good luck!
CC

KPSTAR

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the indepth response catcamstar :) For a quick fix on the Android issue, I simply downloaded the Evoplus app, which allows me to receive notifications when the VTO button is pressed (as well as ability to unlock the strike).
I'll attempt to fac reset one of the VTH and re-set it back up again to see if I'm then able to Unlock the strike. Seems strange though that the issue is apparent on 2 separate VTH though?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the indepth response catcamstar :) For a quick fix on the Android issue, I simply downloaded the Evoplus app, which allows me to receive notifications when the VTO button is pressed (as well as ability to unlock the strike).
I'll attempt to fac reset one of the VTH and re-set it back up again to see if I'm then able to Unlock the strike. Seems strange though that the issue is apparent on 2 separate VTH though?
You're welcome!

Indeed, with 2VTH's, you have "other" mechanics (like groupcall) which come into play. I do, however, only own 1 VTH :(

Good luck!
CC