Dahua VTO6221E-P can't connect to freePBX asterisk server.

tajition

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Dahua VTO6221E-P and raspi4 running freePBX. But I can't seem to connect the VTO to the asterisk server.

I have attached my dahua and asterisk extensions below. The 201 extension is MicroSip running on my PC so I can test.
I am new to SIP and have tried running asterisk on WSL2 but couldnt get it working so I went with freePBX.
Is there an issue with my config? I can get the camera feed in blueiris no problem though, just cant get the SIP working. I have no other SIP devices currently to test it out. The ultimate plan is to have this unit outside and have tablets running home assistant kiosk ring as a doorbell.
1622085587043.png
1622085607870.png

tajition

n3wb
Reaction score
So far I have tried,

Creating extensions as PJSIP or SIP. Setting the server type as VTO and asterisk. And any combination of these. Still no luick.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use my dahua VDP stuff successfully with chan_sip on asterisk, not FreePBX with pjsip. But that should work imho.
I'm convinced that there is a trace option (SIP trace) in FreePBX too.
Turn it on, reboot VTO (so that we have the sip registration in the trace) and then press the button of the VTO (we should see the INVITE message).
Pls. attach this trace - this is the quickest way to get a step ahead.

tajition

n3wb
Reaction score
Edit: attached log keeps getting deleted because too big. I trimmed it since the moment asterisk started.

I have found this log but I have realized that the VTO hasn't even made any connection attempts to the SIP server. When I try to place a call from the VTO unit it says NET Abort error message.
I have changed the extension to CHAN SIP (but it seems to run on port 5160 on freepbx, I have tried both 5060 and 5160 no attempts to connect from the VTO).

I am using the dahua ip config tool on windows to change the config on VTO device. Here is what I currently have:

1622101371811.png

And this is what I have on microSIP (working):

1622101419482.png

Attachments

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Forget VDPconfig - this is mainly for upgrade - use the webif.
Set Asterisk as server, deactivate SIP server on VTO.
I guess you problem is simply the IP of the server: Shouldn't is be 192.168.2.111 just like in MicroSIP?

tajition

n3wb
Reaction score
Forget VDPconfig - this is mainly for upgrade - use the webif.
Set Asterisk as server, deactivate SIP server on VTO.
I guess you problem is simply the IP of the server: Shouldn't is be 192.168.2.111 just like in MicroSIP?
OMG you are right. I have been pulling my hair for the past couple of days because I misspelled the ip. silly me.
Thank you man. It is now connecting to asterisk server. And I can place a call to the test PC. Also using web to configure the VTO worked better.