Dahua - which camera do I need?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello again all, it has been a while since I was here last.

I am finding myself back in the camera arena suddenly with a project that I need to assist with. I have extensive experience (over 1,000 installed) with Hikvision but have not messed with cameras at all for the last year or so, now I'm out of date I'm sure hence my asking.

Needs are indoor use only and always fully lit rooms - but they do need to be weather proof as they will be getting cleaned and disinfected and such each night in a clean room type of environment. Turret style preferred, there could be a need for a few PTZ cameras but I am discouraging that idea and hoping for all fixed turret cameras. Will be using Exacq as the recording software.

So really I just need stellar quality daytime images, night quality does not matter at all on these specific cameras. What's good and recommended, and or should I still consider Hikvision cameras for this use case as I am much more familiar with them and comfortable with them?

Thanks all!

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve only been here a little over a year, but hit the Wiki at the top of the page and look at the cliff notes therein for some Dahua recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Needs are indoor use only and always fully lit rooms - but they do need to be weather proof as they will be getting cleaned and disinfected and such each night in a clean room type of environment.
This sounds like an environment that might benefit from higher resolution cameras like 4k (8MP). It would depends on exactly what the goals are and how well lit it is.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hello again all, it has been a while since I was here last.

I am finding myself back in the camera arena suddenly with a project that I need to assist with. I have extensive experience (over 1,000 installed) with Hikvision but have not messed with cameras at all for the last year or so, now I'm out of date I'm sure hence my asking.

Needs are indoor use only and always fully lit rooms - but they do need to be weather proof as they will be getting cleaned and disinfected and such each night in a clean room type of environment. Turret style preferred, there could be a need for a few PTZ cameras but I am discouraging that idea and hoping for all fixed turret cameras. Will be using Exacq as the recording software.

So really I just need stellar quality daytime images, night quality does not matter at all on these specific cameras. What's good and recommended, and or should I still consider Hikvision cameras for this use case as I am much more familiar with them and comfortable with them?

Thanks all!
use IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE, we also have some installation clients in USA using this model and waterproof one too.