Dahuas Nvrs stop Booting same day

damianos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello dear friends before 2 days 3 Dahua Nvr stop working at the same about time,but in diferent places and wan.
The models are
Dahua nvr 4208 & Nvr 104-p
The recorders seems to starts the lan port has trafic,the hard disk works.But no hdmi signal and unkown ip giving to router and the config tool of dahua cant find these devices.
Also i dont listen beep of booting like before.
Please anyone can help me with this situation?

damianos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply and helping me.You mean directly connection nvr with my computer lan port with static ip of existing nvr settings.Ill try it

damianos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did this and my computer can't see the nvr the computer says unknown network even put the nvr ip.
Can I have to do something else please?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You will likely have to login to the NVR directly with a mouse and monitor. I had one that was hacked and I was able to get directly into the DVR with the admin login/password.

In my case they did not change the admin password, they simply changed the IP to a static and unreachable number.

damianos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No i cant log in because the hdmi port doesnt put out signal.I think that the nvr doesnt boot,i can see only that it has power hard disk is working and red lead on board

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
doubtful both NVR's quit working at the same time. I had to use the VGA port to connect a monitor..

damianos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I already put it nothing no signal.At the mouse the led is open

damianos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
and something else I had noticed before few seconds.Every 3 minutes about the board stop working for 1 second and the red led up to board close and open

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Power down the dvr first. Then disconnect the HDD, then try to reboot. Also, on this hacked issue, we are seeing that the bot is logging into the units using the 888888 account, probably because no one changes the password to this account. We had two units at the begining of this hacked issue last week that we though we fixed, but they were hit again. Change the passwords to all of your accounts, including the 888888 and the 666666 accounts, and change the ports that are being forwarded from the default ones, 80 & 37777.

damianos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had already disconnect the hard disk but the problem is that the nvr doesn't appear the log in.At monitor I have black screen either HDMI or vga port.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a long shot, If you are using a older monitor that does not accept the higher resolutions, it could be the hack set the display up to the highest resolution possible.
No i cant log in because the hdmi port doesnt put out signal.I think that the nvr doesnt boot,i can see only that it has power hard disk is working and red lead on board
You might have to use modern monitor hooked up to your NVR to access it.I know if i set this up to the max settings my older monitors get a blank screen from the NVR.

display.jpg

gwilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Had a customer DAHUA 8 chan HDCVI unit hacked on Sept 30, at least that's when log indicated tampers on all the cameras and customer couldn't log in. Had to connect monitor to HDMI port to look at it. Checked it on 10/6 and sure enough static was set to an odd static scheme which would not correct itself by setting unit to DHCP. Had to set network to default then change it back.

Took a hell of a time trying to figure out why no video on monitor. Went through power supply thinking that was it. With unplugged cameras the Dahua logo would show up--I did not have that and plus the kb rate for each camera was fluctuating with black image for each camera. I finally found the culprit--I changed all cameras from "AUTO" to CVI under camera settings and this brought them all back instantly. I switched back to "AUTO" and they stayed working but ultimately left them at "CVI" in the end.

Will have to get admin "888888" account changed next week locally when on sight and get the latest firmware loaded. What a cluster.

damianos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The point is that I can't access with all these ways you said to my Nvr.
I can't see nothing to any monitor via HDMI or Vga.
I can't log in through lan because says me unknown network.
I think that only one way left before throw it to rubbish.
To flash it from rs 232
if anyone know how please to help me

damianos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
with or with out hdds, the unit doesn't boot.
The unit has correctly 12 volt as I measured and a red lamp up to board.When lan port of nvr board connected with the pc says unknown network, even with static ip on pc.
In other words I can't access and manage the nvr

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I would try a second power supply. Not to say your testing is wrong, just to rule out power supply. The amps may not be enough.