Dahuna NVR comparison

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What model NVR are you running that is doing MetaData?
I'm running an NVR5216-16P-I . This seemed to be the last '-I' NVR with built in video metadata, on the '-E/L' and '-EI' models they have changed video metadata to be a 'WizMind' feature'

Yeah I'm running a 4ks2e right now as well.
Ok, now I'm a bit confused. The new 5 series XI... If I have let's say a Color 4k-X camera running, I can set that up using IVS on the camera, intrusion and tripwire, then I could also, on the NVR, set up metadata, or would it be the new Acupick.
The '-4KS' NVRs do not have any AI by Recorder abilities. You would need a camera which supports the feature you want (e.g. metadata).

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll see what kind of price the 5-XI is. Running two NVR isn't exactly ideal but I can make it work.
The 6 series would be better in that I could run 1 unit, but I'd have to see if anyone I know would want to buy my old NVR to even think about going that route. My neighbor runs Lorex cameras, but he already bought one of my old NVR, and I doubt he'd want to buy another one.

This really can be confusing the manner in which Dahua is naming cameras and NVR.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes you could run full IVS on the camera and MetaData on the NVR... Not certain if you can also run Accupick at same time though? @steve1225 ?
If you have 5xxx-S3 cams and normal cheaper 5xxx-EI NVR - you can run IVS on cams + AcuPick on NVR (max 16 channels)...

If you upgrade to 6xx-XI NVR - you can run IVS on cams, AcuPick and Video Meta Data on NVR... Video Meta Data can be run only up to 8 channels, when you use this limit AcuPick work also only on 8 channels (normally up to 64 channels). Decreasing Video Meta Data channels gives You much more AcuPick channels...

I don't known what situation is on 5000-XI - it is a new NVR, no one from Dahua Poland saw it so we don't have local materials about it...

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy got back to me about the new 5-XI series, he can't sell it in the USA. Guess that means either the EI series or the 6-XI series if that is still available in the USA.
Might just leave things the way they are considering I've got a bunch of other projects I need to complete this year.

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua AI cams have something called Smart Plan.
You choose which AI function You run on cam. Usually You can choose only one, but in latest models there are situations where You can run two AI functions (but in only very specific combinations).

Usually with IVS you can run SMD.
on latest 5xxx-S3 You can mix IVS with AcuPick...

On AI NVR, you can add one additional AI function done on NVR per channel. Each function enabled use some AI power on NVR - usually in spec You have information that NVR can run 16 channels of SMD but only 4 of IVS (done on NVR).. between those is OR (not and) - so if You use 4 Chanels of IVS then You will not have power to run any other AI function done on NVR..

So if you have AI camera and AI NVR - then You have usually possibility to run two AI functions per chanel (with some limitations on how many functions/channels can be done on NVR).

6xx-XI with latest firmware is first NVR which allows to run two AI functions done on NVR on one channel - but only in combination of AcuPick + any other AI function.. plus AI functions done on camera... so we have three...
So confusing...it's like flipping a myriad of switches just to get the right combination going. :facepalm:

You could probably "chart this up" one day, Steve. ;)

Gdc

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR5208-8P-XI is $342USD plus freight ex Shenzhen, China. 30day lead time.

Alibaba is you’re friend.