Dashcam captures thieves, but quality is too low

Dave88LX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reminder that if you're going to buy something, buy something quality.

Happened while he was at the hospital visiting his wife, and son in the NICU.

One of the doors no longer locks. Got off with a radio and a toolbag. Scumbags.

Question time: If he got a plate capture, is this enough to actually go after someone? It's obvious to any normal person that this guy stole the stuff out of his vehicle, however, because it doesn't show him ACTUALLY in the vehicle taking things, does the whole "beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt" apply here with a scummy lawyer?

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera pointed right into the sun...man that would be difficult for just about any cam. I back to back cam might have been handy in this situation to record the inside. Would have gotten a much better ID shot and proof. However if you had the license plate number I can't see them getting away...at minimum...they would have to explain why they were touching the car (clearly seen) and if it wasn't them...then they are an eye witness to a crime.

Dave88LX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Plenty of imagery for an ID.
I guess I was thinking along the lines of ID'ing the vehicle. I'm making assumptions -- can't ID the guy if the police don't know who he is, right? Or are you saying there's enough to see on the truck to ID it?

Thanks.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess I was thinking along the lines of ID'ing the vehicle. I'm making assumptions -- can't ID the guy if the police don't know who he is, right? Or are you saying there's enough to see on the truck to ID it?

Thanks.
Both, You could ID him from this and there are enough distinctions on the vehicle to ID also. And I mean license plate

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
And, between the audio and the video that was captured, there's plenty of evidence against the guy. If I was on they jury, the defense would have a VERY hard time convincing me that this wasn't the perpetrator! We see him carry something from the vehicle and put it into his truck. Pretty good shots of the guy and his face as well as his vehicle. I can't make out the plate, but the police might well already know the guy and his truck if they saw the video.