Dashcam video of accident

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah boy, she had a HOT red, maybe as much as 4 seconds. Looks like she was making a left turn, likely while she texted her friend "...running late, be there in 5".
Could have been worse, I guess. :confused:

Reaction score
Tell Karen to slow down and watch the lights!

Question--- why turn off the mic? I leave mine on because it actually picks up my turn signal "clicking"-- that could be a nice piece of needed evidence if someone was trying to place blame due to not using your turn signal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Question--- why turn off the mic? I leave mine on because it actually picks up my turn signal "clicking"-- that could be a nice piece of needed evidence if someone was trying to place blame due to not using your turn signal.
Might be worth the trade off if you discuss matters in your car/cell that you dont ever want someone else to have access to.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Distracted Driving is the more likely cause in these types of accidents. Some of these cars probably have sensors on the front; most car-buyers misunderstand and depend on these technologies thinking that they can avert collision and be spared; automakers need to put disclaimers in clear sight.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Distracted Driving is the more likely cause in these types of accidents. . . .
That's for sure!
The only motorcycle accident I was ever in, in 50+ years of riding, occurred at a stop light. I was stopped and the young woman behind me was also. Until she wasn't. She popped me good - flew backwards over the bike and landed right on my head. Although I was wearing a helmet I was knocked out. One of the witnesses said she tossed her cell in the back when she got out of the car. Later she claimed she didn't even own one.
Lawyer couldn't find a record of one in her name. . .

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

In my case, its better that a cop or a judge does not hear what I say after an encounter with an idiot distracted driver.

Plus, in my communist state, recording audio on others can be a violation of our wiretap laws.

Reaction score
I watch youtube crash videos all the time. I also have my nephew who is about to be a new driver watch them with me and we discuss who is at fault and ways it could have been prevented. It's always humans, if all cars where computer controlled and communicated with each other, there would be far less accidents.