Daylight saving hour change, all OK for you?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I visited the UP once for a few days during the late summer. Really weird how sunrise and sunset change things a little further north. Plus, if I remember correctly, they're actually in the Eastern time zone for time purposes but physically in the Central time zone. Makes for some really late sunsets.

Last edited:

philcav7

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is that the Senate bill puts us on permanent Daylight Savings Time, which won't last more than a couple of years before we switch back again. Permanent DST seems like a great idea in the summer. In the winter, people up north are going to be commuting to work and sending their kids to school long before the sun rises. That wears thin very, very quickly.

People forget that we tried permanent DST before in the 1970's, and gave up on it for exactly that reason. We are repeating the same mistakes from 50 years ago.

Lots of kids are on the school bus pre-dawn even with dst. But it would be “darker” without it.

People drive all hours of the day as is. Here in PA, the sun was mostly down by 5:15. In late December, it’s dark at 4:30pm.

I’m all for getting rid of it.