Days of video per camera - Overview - Possible?

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got a couple drives mixed in my BI machine, and various cams set to record to different drives.

Is there any easy way to see an overview of how many days of each cam are getting recorded? Bonus, see size usage by camera.

I know I can solo an individual camera and look for the red dots on the calendar but was just thinking it would be nice to see it all at once.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I use a custom PowerShell script to inspect per camera disk usage.
Some users have reported it hangs on their system, but it's always worked for me.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The above-mentioned script reports a date range used for per camera file types, but does not calculate days... I might add that calculation.
I was just playing around with your script. I like it. Really like the idea of the days calculation. Wink wink nudge nudge lol

It's interesting to see how BI keeps clips on a drive pretty equal in date despiste size.

I have one drive that has a 8mp and a 3mp cam recording to it. There's a lot more data for the 8mp cam, but the oldest file is about the same age.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Really like the idea of the days calculation. Wink wink nudge nudge lol
See this post for an update to the script...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just playing around with your script. I like it. Really like the idea of the days calculation. Wink wink nudge nudge lol

It's interesting to see how BI keeps clips on a drive pretty equal in date despiste size.

I have one drive that has a 8mp and a 3mp cam recording to it. There's a lot more data for the 8mp cam, but the oldest file is about the same age.
That is because the oldest clips are deleted first when BI is out of space. How else would it work?

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See this post for an update to the script...
Dude that's amazing! Thank you!!