DCS-936L No Signal - VLC Works

nayr14

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I picked up a couple Dlink DCS-936L cameras for around the house. I knew they supported RTSP so I didn't think I'd have an issue adding them to my Blue Iris server, however I can't get them working.

I tried using the DLink 935 profile since it lists the correct path (play1.sdb) and I've tried the rtsp directly, I've attached screenshots of both. I'm able to view the stream in VLC on the BI server using this link: rtsp://192.168.1.40/play1.sdp.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this further? Is there a way to see a verbose log of how BI is trying to connect to the camera? I've run out of ideas.

Thanks!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I picked up a couple Dlink DCS-936L cameras for around the house. I knew they supported RTSP so I didn't think I'd have an issue adding them to my Blue Iris server, however I can't get them working.

I tried using the DLink 935 profile since it lists the correct path (play1.sdb) and I've tried the rtsp directly, I've attached screenshots of both. I'm able to view the stream in VLC on the BI server using this link: rtsp://192.168.1.40/play1.sdp.

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this further? Is there a way to see a verbose log of how BI is trying to connect to the camera? I've run out of ideas.

Thanks!
under the video tab for the camera in blue iris properties, set hardware acceleration to no. keep the address dropdown at http like in your first image with the ip address only.