DDNS Not working on 2032 after Upgrade to 5.2

dblee50

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded my 2032 from 5.1.2 to 5.2 this weekend. Everything I use seems to work, EXCEPT the DDNS part. It worked before with my DYNDNS but not now. I've rechecked everything, all settings. I have other 2032s with 5.1.2 or 5.1.6 and DDNS working. I've tried my direct IP address and NO-IP which work fine on other cameras but not this one. I get, "Could not retrieve data" error. I can view the camera through its IP address, but not through DDNS. The port is forwarded as my others are and the port is open/workings as it should. I have rebooted computer, reset camera to no avail. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. thx.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, please post a screen shot of your camera network settings tab.

dblee50

n3wb
Reaction score
DDNS Screen.pngNetwork Pic 1.png

I might add that I am using IP Cam Viewer Pro to check this on IPad and IPhone with same results.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is your router on 192.168.1.254? if not put your routers ip address (probably 192.168.1.1) in the ipv4 default gateway box.
Understand that all ddns does is redirect you to your external ip. So you dont need to have every camera update your ip, just one (maybe two if you affraid of a camera failure). To clarify, you cannot access the camera externally at all? only internally with the internal ip? if so, make the change above, and ensure you have the proper ports forwarded to the ip of your camera 192.168.1.132

dblee50

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks but my router is set to 254. I can't access camera externally. I have tried multiple apps other than IP Cam Viewer Pro but haven't found any free ones that can see the camera. I have tried entering the default gateway IP address in the IP cam viewer pro setup for the camera in question, but it doesn't work. It does work for the other cameras, but so does the dyndns way for them. the forwarded port I'm using tests open but for some reason something isn't working like the other 8 cameras I have set up.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, this has nothing to do with your ddns, it a forwarding issue. Please post a screen shot of your router port forward settings..as well as the ports tab of you camera network settings.

dblee50

n3wb
Reaction score
I hear you but guess I'm confused with what I'm seeing. "Could not retrieve data" error....never saw that before. The screens below are the camera's port settings you asked for and the firewall/port settings I have for all port forwarding on the network. Camera in question is Shed 132.Cam 132 Port Settings.pngPort Fwd Settings ATT Uverse.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to forward the rtsp port as well, and if you use the hikvision mobile app, the server port

dblee50

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have rtsp port forwarded for any other cameras but they work. Is it something to do with 5.2? Anyway, I'll try to do this.

dblee50

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I must have stumbled thru adding rtsp. It now works. I'm very grateful for your help. Think I'll slowly upgrade my other 2032s as I do like some of the improvements with 5.2