dead blue iris computer and recovering account for new computer

ducktoller

n3wb
Reaction score
my blue iris computer died. I am trying to recover the hard drive but so far no good. Is there a way to get the blue iris serial number to put on the new server or will I just have to download on the new server and pay the annual fee again?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you purchase from a place that recorded your e-mail address and license key (like IPCT) ?
Try e-mailing BI support: support@blueirissoftware.com
Next go-around be sure to record the the license key and keep in a safe place. :cool:

BTW, what have you done to "recover" the HDD?
Have you placed on an external USB dock and ran CHKDSK? On a Windows PC that the USB dock is connected to you can run CHKDSK from Windows or from a command prompt (as administrator) as detailed here.

ducktoller

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you purchase from a place that recorded your e-mail address and license key (like IPCT) ?
Try e-mailing BI support: support@blueirissoftware.com
Next go-around be sure to record the the license key and keep in a safe place. :cool:

BTW, what have you done to "recover" the HDD?
Have you placed on an external USB dock and ran CHKDSK? On a Windows PC that the USB dock is connected to you can run CHKDSK from Windows or from a command prompt (as administrator) as detailed here.
[/QUOTE I did email BI support but no responses yet. I will try the USB dock idea great tip I did try safe booting via USB with no luck but will try this.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you do can't find your old license key or get it recovered by support, then you need to buy the regular blue iris license, not a support renewal.

ducktoller

n3wb
Reaction score
I was afraid of that . I was hoping it was somehow tied to my email when I purchased it like other software licenses I have. Lesson learned to store it safely,

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you filled in your name and email in the "Registration" section of the About tab, that helps Blue Iris support locate your key. Otherwise I suspect they could still look it up based on the email you used when your purchased, if you purchased directly from blueirissoftware.com

ducktoller

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I did buy from them directly and that is why I emailed their support line but they haven't responded in a few days so if my other measures don't work hopefully they will still respond and I won't have to drop any more $$. Love the software and it has been running on very old computer so regardless if I have to will buy it again if nothing else works.