Dead Soldier.... IP5M-T1179EW

Reaction score
We do not recommend flashing any of our Technologies with other manufacturer's software due to some packet incompatibilities that could damage or brick the device. Amcrest Team
Of course not, but it IS the manufacturers software. :thumb: That and the fact that anyone who WOULD do that understands that warranty and service assistance is out the window once you do-- they might be out $50 on the deal. Bottom line-- it's Dahua hardware, and I prefer Dahua firmware over the Amcrest flavor. Many others here have done the same-- and you should know this from looking at numerous forum posts here. OR--- are you trying to say this camera which had been running for months without issue suddenly died mysteriously during a thunderstorm because it had Dahua firmware on it?

I guess you could look at it like this-- Amcrest made a sale to someone who will never ask for support on that device, which means Amcrest is money ahead on that deal. For that matter, Amcrest seems to get low grades for staying up with firmware, and there sits that shiny new Dahua bin file just begging to be installed by a user who wants to see what ELSE that hardware can do.

Peace bro--- may your sales be plentiful. :)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you can check the rj45 pig tale from the camera to the connector. One of the wires may have pulled loose.
Now you have power try a hard Reset

Reaction score
if you can check the rj45 pig tale from the camera to the connector. One of the wires may have pulled loose.
Now you have power try a hard Reset
No evidence of any physical damage to wires or connectors on the pigtail.

Thanks to Andy and his evil sales, I have a new T2231T-Z up in the spot of that old one.

Guess what---- port 5 on my switch appears to be dead. It initially provided POE power, but I had no network connection. I disconnected it, took the cam down and looked over the connectors once again. There seemed to be a little oxidation (???) or something on the end of the ethernet connector that I did not notice before....

1624851977843.png

What the hell is that-- oxidation or ????? I fully disconnected that entire drop from the switch, then very carefully used a soft brass brush to clean those contacts. I considered cutting off the end and putting a new one on, but it seemed to clean up decently. Once satisfied that there was a nice clean contact, I again plugged the cam in and then went to my switch to power up that drop. Patch panel plugging into port 5, and .... NADA. No POE connection this time, and of course no network connection.

Hmmmmm. I thought that perhaps my entire run needs to be replaced, and then considered that I should try a different port on the switch. If the run is bad, it likely won't connect. Bing! POE and Network connection! Now-- the $64 question is this--- did lightning generate a surge that took out the camera and killed that port on the switch, OR, is it more likely the other way around--- did something happen in the switch that killed the camera and the port too....

I am now using port 7. Connectivity is OK and POE is operating normally.....

1624852568241.png

Thoughts?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
No evidence of any physical damage to wires or connectors on the pigtail.

Thanks to Andy and his evil sales, I have a new T2231T-Z up in the spot of that old one.

Guess what---- port 5 on my switch appears to be dead. It initially provided POE power, but I had no network connection. I disconnected it, took the cam down and looked over the connectors once again. There seemed to be a little oxidation (???) or something on the end of the ethernet connector that I did not notice before....

View attachment 93755

What the hell is that-- oxidation or ????? I fully disconnected that entire drop from the switch, then very carefully used a soft brass brush to clean those contacts. I considered cutting off the end and putting a new one on, but it seemed to clean up decently. Once satisfied that there was a nice clean contact, I again plugged the cam in and then went to my switch to power up that drop. Patch panel plugging into port 5, and .... NADA. No POE connection this time, and of course no network connection.

Hmmmmm. I thought that perhaps my entire run needs to be replaced, and then considered that I should try a different port on the switch. If the run is bad, it likely won't connect. Bing! POE and Network connection! Now-- the $64 question is this--- did lightning generate a surge that took out the camera and killed that port on the switch, OR, is it more likely the other way around--- did something happen in the switch that killed the camera and the port too....

I am now using port 7. Connectivity is OK and POE is operating normally.....

View attachment 93756

Thoughts?
I wonder if the corrosion created a way for power to get to the data pairs, or created some type of current flowing somewhere it shouldn't, & smoked the port? speculation. but corrosion did funny things in the Boat bilges at Ye Olde Marina back in the day.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many of us feel that H264 results in a better overall image with very little increased storage. When I tested between the two it was literally minutes.

Try custom bitrate and try 8192 and then go up or down from there to meet your visual tastes.